- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Wine, Chocolate Tour to sweeten weekends
The Olympic Peninsula Wineries’ Red Wine & Chocolate Tour takes place over two weekends, Feb. 11-12 and Feb. 18-20 from 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tickets for the self-guided tour are available online for $30 and include a commemorative wine glass and wine and chocolate tasting at each winery.
Independent of the tour, each winery charges a $5 tasting fee.
Visit www.olympicpeninsulawineries.org or call 800-785-5495 for further information.
Eight wineries will participate in the 2012 tour, each with its own special products and activities:
• Wind Rose Cellars, 155 W. Cedar St., Sequim, presents Italian-style wines and chocolates by Sequim’s Cocoa d’Amici.
• Olympic Cellars, 255410 Highway 101, Port Angeles, offers a Parisian street scene with an artist sketching, a chapelier selling hats and a bar where red wines are being carefully paired with the perfect chocolates from Yvonne Yakota.
French photographer Phil Tauran will take individual and group photos in the style of Cosette Harcourt in a small studio replica of Paris’ Studio Harcourt.
• Camaraderie Cellars, 334 Benson Road, Port Angeles, debuts a 2009 Syrah paired with Camaraderie’s signature cocoa spice-rubbed pulled pork, cooked in an outdoor wood-fired oven.
• Harbinger Winery, 2358 Highway 101 West, Port Angeles, teams with Wicked Little Sweets to create a seductive array of original wine and chocolate pairings, a limited tasting of Aphrodisiac Chocolates and Bar Hop Brewing’s Venezuelan Chocolate Porter.
• Black Diamond Winery, 976 Black Diamond Road, Port Angeles, presents raspberry, loganberry and strawberry wines, as well as a Syrah, paired with chocolate truffles.
• FairWinds Winery, 1984 Hastings Ave. West, Port Townsend, sponsors the tallest chocolate fountain on the peninsula as well as tours and barrel tastings.
• Eaglemount Winery, 2350 Eaglemount Road, Port Townsend, crafts wines and hard ciders
made from apples grown on its homestead orchard.
Visitors can sample red wine paired with handcrafted chocolates, as well as new cider and mead releases.
• Finnriver Farm and Cidery, 62 Barn Swallow Road, Chimacum, presents hard ciders, dessert wines and spirits from organic and homestead fruits, along with its own Chocolate Chamber.