- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Shoppers gear up for early Sequim shopping
Sequim Gazette staff
As Sequim gobbles down the turkey, some of the city’s shoppers are expected to turn up early for Turkey Day and Black Friday openings.
Four major chains open or remain open on Thanksgiving in Sequim while many businesses open early and extend their hours on Black Friday.
If you aren’t a super shopper, some of Sequim’s jolliest traditions continue on Saturday, Nov. 30, with Santa Claus and the City Band bringing in the festive season and the Downtown Christmas Tree lighting later in the evening.
That same day, several businesses participate in Small Business Saturday.
Below are businesses with special hours. Many businesses maintain regular hours with special discounts like these businesses listed.
Thanksgiving, Nov. 28, openings:
• Walmart, 1110 W. Washington St., remains open Thanksgiving with specials beginning at 6 p.m.
• Sears, 232 Valley Center Place, opens 7 p.m.-midnight, Thursday; and 6 a.m.-7 p.m Friday
• JCPenney, 651 W. Washington St., opens 8 p.m. Thursday and closes 9 p.m. Friday.
• Office Depot, 1235 W. Washington St., opens 8-11 p.m. on Thanksgiving and 7 a.m.-11 p.m. on Friday
Black Friday, Nov. 29, openings:• Game Stop, 1400 W. Washington St., Suite 107, opens at midnight on Black Friday and closes. 9 p.m. Friday.
• Ross Dress for Less, 1055 W. Washington St., opens 5 a.m.-11 p.m.
• The Home Depot, 1145 W. Washington St., opens 5 a.m.-9 p.m. Friday
• Brian’s Sporting Goods, 542 W. Washington St, opens 6 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday.
• Ben’s Bikes, 1251 W Washington St., opens 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday.
• Goodwill, 680 W. Washington St., opens 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Friday.
• Radio Shack, 680 W. Washington St., opens 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Big 5 Sporting Goods, 171 Valley Center Place, opens at 9 a.m.-9:30 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m.-9:30 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Sunday
• Pacific Mist Books, 121 W. Washington St, opens 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday with We Do Fudge tastings and fudge samples with purchase.
• Costco, 955 W. Washington St., opens at 9 a.m. Friday
• Doodlebugs, 138 W. Washington St., opens at 9 a.m. Friday
• Purple Haze Lavender Store, 127 W. Washington St., extends its hours to 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday
• Artisan’s Creative Consignment, 609 W. Washington St., extends its Friday hours to 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Friday.
• Thomas Building Center, 301 W. Washington St. closed on Friday and reopens 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Saturday.
Extended Sunday hours
• Solar City’s Tesa Boutique & Tanning Retreat, 135 W. Washington St., extends its Sunday hours 11 a.m.-3 p.m. through Christmas.
• Sandy’ Kitchen Shop, 609 W. Washington St., open 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sundays through December
• That Takes the Cake, 171 W. Washington St., extends its Sunday hours from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. through Christmas.
• Dungeness Kids Co., 990 E. Washington St., Suite B, extends its Sunday hours to noon-4 p.m. through Christmas. Santa Claus from Toys for Tots will be available for personal photos Sunday, Dec. 1, from 1-4 p.m. Those who buy a toy and donate it to Toys for Tots will receive 10 percent off their purchase Nov. 29-Dec. 1.
Santa Saturday, Nov. 30
• The Sequim City Band plays at Centennial Square at 1 p.m. with Santa Claus arriving at 2 p.m. via Jim Bower’s Blue Mountain Belgian horses.
Christmas Tree Lighting, Nov. 30
• The Sequim-Dungeness Valley Chamber of Commerce hosts the annual Community Christmas Tree lighting at 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 29, at the Bank of America Park.
Downtown shopping night out
• The Chamber of Commerce and Downtown Merchants Group sponsors a girls night with wish lists and registries at participating downtown businesses from 5-8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 12, and the same time on Thursday, Dec. 19 for loved ones to shop in extended hours. Each night offers separate gift basket drawings.