Several stores on Nov. 25, aka Black Friday, are opening early or late, depending on your viewpoint, with sales and giveaways.
Many store managers anticipate long lines and recommend getting to stores early.
Here is a list of stores opening early and/or holding Black Friday specials:
• Walmart, 1110 W. Washington St., opens Thanksgiving morning with specials going into effect later in the evening.
• Game Stop, 1400 W. Washington St., Suite 107, opens at midnight.
• Doodlebugs, 138 W. Washington St., opens at 9 a.m. with the first 25 in the door receiving a goodie bag and prize drawings at noon.
• Several coffee shops are opening earlier than normal for the event, so check with your local shop.
• Twenty-six businesses with the Downtown Sequim Merchants Association host “Pay it Forward.” Customers show their receipt from a downtown business to another downtown business and they’ll receive 10 percent off a purchase. After they purchase something at the second business, they can take that receipt to a third and receive another 10-percent discount, and so forth. Each receipt is good only once. The promotion runs Nov. 25-Dec.24.
• Downtown businesses plan to light the large tree at 5 p.m. Friday in Bank of America Park with Santa Claus coming at noon on Saturday.
• Stores also stay open until 8 p.m. in conjunction with the First Friday Art Walk, Dec. 2. A free drawing for a $1,600 gift basket from local merchants is held at 10 a.m. Dec. 6, at Purple Haze Lavender Farm Store.