- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Pastor Glen Douglas, left, started The Crossing Church in 2005 with his family in their home. The church has expanded to a weekly Sunday service of 140 people at Deer Park Cinemas. Staff has expanded to include Valerie Blair, administrative assistant, center, and Dave Burrows, director of celebration and children’s ministries, right. Sequim Gazette photo by Matthew Nash
The Crossing Church's purpose statement says members exist to love God, love others and serve the world.
"I would add that all Christian churches are to glorify God and to make disciples that will go into the entire world to share Jesus Christ," Pastor Glen Douglas said.
"Our purpose statement is our way of stating the general mission of all Christian churches."
Church members emphasize that it is for anyone but not for everyone.
"We have a bias for young families and children as they will be our future moms, dads and workers that will shape and define our society and culture," Douglas said.
"Our older members have that same vision for this church as well."
The Crossing started in fall 2005 with a Sunday evening Bible study in Douglas' home.
The first meeting had about 12 people. Sunday services have grown to a weekly attendance of about 140 with more than 30 from Sequim.
"Our hope for The Crossing is that it will grow as large as Christ would like us to achieve here in our communities," Douglas said.
"We desire men, women and children that have changed lives and are ready to walk with God to be a positive influence and strength in our community."
Church members are hoping and praying on starting a church in Sequim and finding a permanent facility in Port Angeles.
"We want to be ready when Christ says it is time to grow and expand this ministry," Douglas said.
The Crossing is affiliated with Converge Worldwide.
Sunday services are held 9:30 a.m. at Deer Park Cinemas.
Douglas describes services as a blend of music and programming appealing to a variety of people.
"Bottom line is that our music and message are geared and biased to where our young families and their children are in their understanding of God," Douglas said.
Music and videos are displayed on a cinema screen.
Children's Sunday school classes are available during the service for ages 5-12 and nursery for those younger than 5.
• Home groups meet evenings throughout the week, with child care available at most of them.
• Men's Bible study is 6:45 a.m. Tuesdays in the church office at Deer Park Cinemas.
• Women's Bible study is at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays in a church member's home.
• Women's prayer group is at 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays.
• Corporate prayer meeting, 6:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the church, focuses on congregational requests.
• Prayer for the pastor is at 6 p.m. Saturdays at the church.
• Youth group for children in sixth-eighth grades is 6:30 p.m. Sundays at the church office.
• Kids for Christ, ages 2-10, is 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesdays at Olympic Christian School.
• Real Life Recovery meets 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays for anyone struggling with addictive or dysfunctional behaviors.
• Clallam County Prayer Breakfast is 6:30-8:30 a.m. Friday, Sept. 24, at the CrabHouse in Port Angeles. Call 681-3761 or 452-3357. • Men's Retreat is Oct. 1-3, in Ravensdale.
The Crossing outreach supports local and national ministries including the Salvation Army, CareNet and the Gideons. The church hosts Hot Dogs and Hot Rods, a classic car show each Father's Day in the Deer Park Cinema parking lot, for fathers and their families.
Carnival Nights is a two-week outreach for families before children return to school.
For more information, contact the church at 452-9936, email@example.com or at www.thecrossingchurch.net.
The Crossing Church
Address: 96 Deer Park Road, Port Angeles
Phone: 452-9936, fax: 452-9941
Staff: Pastor Glen Douglas, Dave Burrows, director of celebration and children's ministries, and Valerie Blair, administrative assistant
For a Spiritual Spotlight on your church, spiritual group and/or event contact Matthew Nash at firstname.lastname@example.org.