- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Peninsula College lists 2014 staff honors
Peninsula College honored several faculty and staff at its annual End-of-the-Year Celebration on June 9. Among the many honorees were the following:
Above and Beyond Awards
Six college staff were recognized for going “Above and Beyond” in the performance of their duties during the 2013-2014 academic year. Nominations for the awards were made by college staff and voted on by the College Council.
Honorees were Colette Cavaleri, Basic Skills; Mary Hunchberger, College Advancement; Ami Magisos, Student Services; Pauline Marvin, Student Services; Trisha Parker, College Advancement; and Laura Price, Administrative Services.
Faculty ADA Award
Marina Shipova received a special award for her work with students with disabilities. Students were asked to nominate those faculty who went “above and beyond in serving students with disabilities.” Shipova is a faculty member in Multimedia and Graphic Design.
Milestone Anniversary Awards
Twenty-five Peninsula College employees were recognized for their years of service. The honorees and their years of service include:
• 40 Years: Vici McLaughlin, Information Technology Faculty.
• 30 Years: Janice Gardner, Developmental Education Faculty, and Susan Lemay, Basic Skills Faculty.
• 20 Years: Jeff Mauger, Anthropology/Sociology Faculty; Glynda Schaad, English Faculty; Larry Smith, Mathematics Faculty; and Daniel Stengel, Political Science Faculty.
• 15 Years: Mia Boster, Instruction; Deanna Buchmann, Corrections Education; Diane Carriveau, Family Life Education Faculty; Kim McIrvin, Early Childhood Education Faculty; Theodore Noel, Corrections Education Faculty; Janet Phipps, Corrections Education Faculty; Robert Sheldon, Maintenance; and Judith Skogen, Family Life Education Faculty.
• 10 Years: Brian Betts, Instruction; Daniel Bush, History Faculty; Anna Green, Coordinator, Port Townsend Extension Site; Trisha Haggerty, Student Services; Brian Hague, Biology Faculty; Susan Hopper, Family Life Education Faculty; Randi Mahlum, Professional Technical Faculty; James Moroz, First Aid Faculty; Andrea Motyka, Mathematics Faculty; and Jay D. Smith, Auxiliary Services.
A special award was given to Dorothy Drain for her 50 years of service to Peninsula College. She served as a History Faculty member from 1964-2003 and as the facilitator/coordinator of the college’s award-winning Studium Generale Program, which she led from 1993-2014.
The college also honored 14 retiring staffers for various departments.