- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Sign of the times
A replica of the 1971 Dungeness Schoolhouse sign which now graces the 1892 historical site was installed just prior to the recent wedding newlywed local residents, Jeremy and Grace Altana on July 26, thanks to The Sign Store owner Tom Parkwell and schoolhouse manager Bob Stipe.
A division of Sequim’s Museum & Arts Center in the Sequim Dungeness Valley, the schoolhouse was designated a Washington State Historic Place in 1971 & National Historic Place in 1988, thanks to preservation efforts of the late Jim and Shirley Hill of the Dungeness Plate Community Homeowners Association.
An all-volunteer preservation committee, formed in the late 1950s by The Dungeness Community Club & The Women of Dungeness, still meets monthly at the school to continue ongoing maintenance and restoration of the building and conduct fundraising events such as an annual Christmas Tea & Bake Sale.
To join the committee, schedule a tour, or rent the facility for receptions, meetings and special events, call 681-2257 and leave a message or e-mail SequimMuseum@olypen.com.