- About Us
Clallam County historical society offers history classes
A new series of six classes is planned for the Clallam County Historical Society’s Forever Learning program.
Beginning on April 6, the classes will continue for five consecutive Wednesdays, with each class scheduled from 10 a.m.-noon.
All but the last class will be held at the Museum at the Carnegie, 207 S. Lincoln St., Port Angeles. The final class will be held at Ocean View Cemetery, 3127 W. 18th St.
Cost for the series is $50 for nonmembers and $40 for members. Class size is limited, so early registration is advised. Registration includes class materials. The last class at Ocean View Cemetery is a chance to meet friends from the past with the help of Historical Society staff and volunteers.
The class schedule is:
• April 6, “Early Resorts of the Olympic Peninsula Through Postcards” with Cliff Brehan
• April 13, “Social History of the Queets River Valley” by Andrea Hernandez
• April 20, “Fort Casey” by Terry Buchanan
• April 27, “Port Angeles Time and Time Again” and the history of the buildings at Lincoln Park with Sandy Keys
• May 4, “Puget Sound Cooperative Colony” by John Kendall
• A trip to Ocean View Cemetery
For more information, call the Historical Society office at 452-2662 or e-mail email@example.com.