- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Artists flow aqua at First Friday Art Walk
This Friday, May 4, means the First Friday Art Walk is on the streets of Sequim.
Plenty of artists come together for the once-a-month evening of self-guided tours of galleries and venues across town.
Organizers encourage visitors to wear aqua in conjunction with the Sequim Irrigation Festival this month.
Three businesses recently joined the art walk: Heather Creek, 122 W. Washington St., That Takes the Cake, 171 W. Washington St., and Solar City’s Tesa Boutique & Tanning Retreat, 135 W. Washington St.
Mary Padgett is showing at The Red Rooster her mixture of gourds of various shapes and sizes that she’s crafted with wood-burning and carving tools. She’ll also feature her gold leaf 3-D art, pen and ink, and charcoal drawings.
Rainshadow Roasting Company brings in Saundra Cutsinger’s acrylic paintings and live music by Fret Noir.
Popular show place the Blue Whole Gallery presents acrylic and watercolorist Lynne Armstrong and photographer Ron Carlson.
Armstrong says she loves color, space, light and form and there is no more inspiring place to live than the Olympic Peninsula. Her latest series is inspired by a California trip — composed dark cool interiors flooded by sunny windows and backlit figure.
Carlson is a former engineer and attorney who found photography later in life through his trips around the globe. He specializes in landscapes and wildlife, with a special interest in birds. His work also includes the Olympic Mountains, lakes and waterfalls.
Their show and those of many other artists continue exhibiting through May.
For June’s art walk, participants are encouraged to wear white.
For more on First Friday Art Walk Sequim, contact Renne Emiko Brock-Richmond at 460-3023 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Print maps and learn more information at www.sequimartwalk.com. Follow the event at www.facebook.com/sequimartwalk.
Sequim First Friday Art Walk
5-8 p.m. May 4
Find a printable map at www.sequimartwalk.com.
Free exhibit openings, receptions at the following venues:
• Sequim Arts 36th Annual Juried Show, reception and awards ceremony. The Museum & Arts Center, 175 W. Cedar St. (Through May 27) Regular hours Tuesday-Sunday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.Sequimarts.org and macsequim.org.
• Grace Shepard, matted artworks; Randy Radock, ink/slate; Don Porter, bowls; Diana Miller, oils; Dee Green, acrylics; Randall Tomaras, prints. Full Moon Candle Co., 161 W. Washington St. fullmooncandle.com.
• Janet and Leroy Beers, watercolors. Reception. Prairie Springs Assisted Living, 680 W Prairie St.
• Ken Beale photography; Dr. Thomas Clark, retired Gnomes; The Dove’s Nest, 139 W. Washington St.
• Lynne Armstrong, artworks; Ron Carlson, photo art; reception. Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St. www.bluewholegallery.com.
• Saundra Cutsinger, acrylics; reception. Rainshadow Coffee Roasting Company, 157 W. Cedar St. www.rainshadowcoffee.com.
• Skip Kratzer, “Amazing Car Art and More.” Art of Tim Quinn. Chef’s choice snacks. The Sunshine Café, 145 W. Washington St.
• Vicki Wickell, watercolors and illustrations; novelist Bill Chisham; Jean Wyatt, glass, acrylic floor cloths; Ellen Swears, notecards. Reception, Pacific Mist Books, 121 W. Washington St.
• Shane Miller, “Uncommonwork,” boxes, jewelry. Reception. The Gallery at Dungeness Design, 520 N.
Sequim Ave. Through June.
• Karin Anderson, mixed media; Alder Wood Bistro, 139 W. Alder St.
• Mary Padgett gourd art; The Red Rooster Grocery, 134½ W. Washington St.
• Susan Killins of Rockin’ Rocks, Patricia Wilkins’ scarves and Ulia Cummings of Magical Clay Studio; Lippert’s, 134 S. Second St.
• Watercolorists Sally Cays, and Patricia Taynton; Gallery on the Walls, 128 E. Washington St., inside the Sequim Vision Center.
• Shirley Mercer, painter, KeyBank, 120 N. Dunlap Ave.
• Maryann Proctor, Jan Canale and Shirley Mercer; wine sampling and live music; Wind Rose Cellars, 155-B W. Cedar St.
• Creative Café Art Bar “Happy Hour” project making (4:30-6:40 p.m.); Doodlebugs, 138 W. Washington St.
Sunday May 6
• Marilyn Santiago, photo art/watercolors/silk painting. Reception 1-3 p.m. The Gallery at the Fifth Avenue, 500 W. Hendrickson St.