- About Us
Faith news 9-12
B'nai observes High Holiday
Congregation Olympic B’nai Shalom will be observing the High Holidays for 5773.
• Erev Rosh Hashanah, 6 p.m. potluck, Sunday, Sept. 16; 7:30 p.m. services led by Rabbi Stan Yedwab. At Unitarian Universalist Church, 73 Howe Road (off of North Barr Road), Port Angeles.
• Rosh Hashanah, 6:20 a.m. sunrise service at City Pier, Monday, Sept. 17; breakfast following at The CrabHouse; 10 a.m. morning service led by Rabbi Stan Yedwab; noon, annual meeting/lunch, Unitarian Universalist Church; Tashlich 2:30 p.m. at Railroad Bridge Park, Sequim; bring your bread crumbs.
• Erev Yom Kippur, 6:30 a.m. set up, 7 p.m. Kol Nidre Service, Tuesday, Sept. 25, led by Rabbi Stan Yedwab. At Unitarian Universalist Church.
• Yom Kippur, 10 a.m. morning service Wednesday, Sept. 26, led by Rabbi Stan Yedwab; 2 p.m. Torah Study led by Sandy Goldstien; 3:30 p.m. afternoon service, Yizkor, Neilah and Havdalah to follow, led by Rabbi Stan Yedwab; Break the Fast Dairy Potluck, all day at Unitarian Universalist Church.
• Sukkot, 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6, family friendly service and potluck; call 683-4712 for directions.
Trinity Methodist starts series
Three new classes begin Wednesday, Sept. 19, as a new feature of the adult education program at Trinity United Methodist Church, 100 Blake Ave. Classes are offered 6:15-7:30 p.m. each Wednesday into October. The classes are "The Story Behind The Story" by the Rev. Bill Green on how the Bible was written and compiled over many centuries (six weeks); "Islam Then and Now: The Last Prophet and His Legacy," led by Ken Burres, a retired professor of religious studies, a six-week study of Muslims and Islam; "Silent Lives: How High a Price," the Rev. Ruth Geiger uses the book by Sara Boesser to discuss the effects of pressure on gay people to “pass” as heterosexual in order to achieve safety and acceptance (four weeks).
For more information, call 683-5367, visit www.sequimtumc.org or e-mail email@example.com.
Learn Hebrew language, culture
Otto Gershon teaches beginners classes in Hebrew on Wednesdays starting Oct. 3. The free class, which includes language and culture, runs from 6:30-8 p.m. at Four Seasons Ranch east of Port Angeles. Call 417-9558 or 360-809-3656 for information or to reserve a place.