- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
PA Symphony sets tone for 2013 season
The Port Angeles Symphony puts on its season-opening concert at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 2, at the Port Angeles High School Auditorium, 304 E. Park Ave., Port Angeles.
Tickets (general seating) are $15 for adults and $12 for seniors and student. Reserved seating tickets are $20 and $30.
All youths of ages 16 and younger are welcome free when accompanied by an adult.
A pre-concert chat is slated for 6:40 p.m.
A dress rehearsal is scheduled for 10 a.m.; tickets are $5 per person or $10 per family.
The concert features “Mozart’s Spiritual Testament: The Magic Flute,” Brahms’ Symphony No. 1 in C, Op. 68, and Rhapsody-Concerto for Viola and Orchestra — spotlighted by soloist, violist Melia Watras.
Hailed by Gramophone as “an artist of commanding and poetic personality” and described as “staggeringly virtuosic” by The Strad, Watras (meliawatras.com) has distinguished herself as one of her instrument’s leading voices. As a soloist, chamber musician and recording artist, Watras has championed the works of living composers throughout her career. She has commissioned, premiered and recorded numerous new compositions, while appearing at venues such as Carnegie Hall, Weill Recital Hall and Alice Tully Hall.
The event also features Robin Rilette, music director and classical music host of Northwest Public Radio. She hosts “Classical Music with Robin Rilette” from 9 a.m.-to noon as well as concerts around the Northwest five or six times a year.
Get tickets at:
• The Good Book/Joyful Noise Music Center, 108 W. Washington St., Sequim (general admission seating only)
• Sequim Village Glass, 761 Carlsborg Road, Carlsborg (general admission seating only)
• Port Book and News, 104 E. First St., Port Angeles (general admission seating only)
• The Port Angeles Symphony office, 216-C North Laurel St., Port Angeles (general admission and reserved seating)
• Online at www.portangelessymphony.org (general admission and reserved seating)
• By phone at 457-5579 (general admission and reserved seating)
For more information, call 457-5579 or e-mail to: email@example.com.