Enoying the art on display this Friday, June 7, offers participants plenty of creative elbow-room for dressing the part.
White is the June theme color for Sequim’s First Friday Art Walk, the monthly free extravaganza of art, food and live music downtown from 5-8 p.m.
In addition, the Sequim Centennial celebrates the 1960s in June, so tie-dye shirts and love beads also are appropriate.
Finally, the near-midsummer date means organizers are encouraging fairy wings and pixie dust glitter.
Find a free map at www.artwalksequim. First Friday Art Walk Sequim is produced and sponsored by uniqueasyou/Renne Emiko Brock-Richmond.
• Blue Whole Gallery Artists “Celebrate” the gallery’s 16th anniversary with a show, including drawings for mini art pieces during the art walk. Music is by Howly Slim & Sandy from 6-7:30 p.m. The “Celebrate” show continues through July 1. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday. www.bluewholegallery.com.
• The Sequim Library, 630 N. Sequim Ave., hosts a reception for watercolorist Dick Hahn; live music is by String 14, with Gil Yslas and Mike Barrs on acoustic mandolin and guitar. 683-1161.
• The Northwest Collage Society Summer Exhibit at the Museum & Arts Center, 175 W. Cedar St., showcases the art of collage June 5-July 27. All of the artwork is for sale. An artist reception is 5-8 p.m. (Also open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday.) www.nwcollagesociety.org.
• At the Sunshine Café, 145 W. Washington St., see fine art, graphics and cartoons of the late Tim Quinn. Guest artists also display work. Music by the Young Fiddlers and chef’s choice snacks also are offered.
• Sally Cays and Patricia Taynton’s traditional artwork and more is at Gallery on the Walls, 128 E. Washington St., Sequim. Reception from 5-8 p.m.
• LARC Gallery at at 166 E. Bell St. represents more than 20 local artists; featured artist tonight is Janet Beers, watercolor portraits and landscapes. Reception from 5-8 p.m.
• Works by Shirley Mercer (watercolor, rescued furniture), Donna Standerwick (oil, pottery), Gary Parr (mask carvings), Jan Kepley (photography), Sunny Benham (painting), Judy Larimore (watercolor, photography) and Randy Radock (block prints on slate) are at Design by Thomas, 337 W. Washington St., from 5-8 p.m.
• R&T Crystals and Beads hosts jewelry demonstrations by Paulette Hill and Gail McLain at 158 E. Bell St.
• Art, entertainment and on-premises roasted coffee at The Rainshadow Roasting Company, 157 W. Cedar St. Art displayed through June.
• Jean Wyatt, resident artist at Pacific Mist Books, 121 W. Washington St., Sequim, has place mats, greeting cards, bookmarks, calendars, wall hangings, and floor cloths on display.
• Local artists’ work on display plus wine tasting and music (6:30-8:30 p.m.) by the Toots Suite clarinet quartet are at Wind Rose Cellars, 143 W. Washington St.
• Painter David Willis exhibits at Olympic Theatre Arts, 414 N. Sequim Ave.
• Clear Image Sequim frame shop and photography solutions showcases several artists, including Randy Radock, at 518 N. Sequim Ave.
• Photographer Phil Tauran shows his work at his photography studio and gallery, 155-B W. Cedar St.
• Create a poppy pin at Doodlebugs’ creative “Happy Hour” from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at 138 W. Washington St.
• Colors of Sequim offers art supplies at 139 W. Washington St.
• Heather Creek shows the colors of the rainbow and whitewashed decor at 122 Washington St.
• That Takes the Cake tempts with artfully delicious cupcakes 171 W. Washington St.
• Solar City’s Tesa Boutique & Tanning Retreat is at 135 W. Washington St.
• Alder Wood Bistro at 139 W. Alder St. shows local artists regularly.
• The Red Rooster Grocery, 134½ W. Washington St., features Saundra Cutsinger’s contemporary acrylic paintings during business hours.
• Jim Gift, Donna Standerwick, Shirley Mercer show their artwork at Sequim Fresh Seafood Restaurant, 540 W. Washington St., during business hours.
• Skip Kratzer’s “Amazing Car Art and More” shows at The Good Book, 108 W. Washington St.• Scott Erickson’s photographs of the Southwest, Alaska, North Olympic Peninsula plus other locations in the U.S. are displayed at Strait Financial Advice, 193 W. Cedar St., during business hours.
• Local photographer Donna Smith exhibits her photos at Crumb Grabbers Bakery, 492 W. Cedar St., Sequim, during business hours.
• The Port Angeles Library features an art exhibit showcasing local artists Linda Crow, Allyn Cowan, Robert Saraduke, Michel McCarter and Mark Glover through July 2, information at www.nols.org.
• Randy and Sally Radock will show their block prints and photographs at the Bank of America, 114 S. Sequim Ave., June 4 through August during business hours Monday-Saturday.