The community is invited to be a part of the “Spiritual Read” this spring, sponsored by The Interfaith Community of Clallam County.
Read “The Book of Joy” about His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Archbishop Desmond Tutu and their week long visit and discussions about their long time friendship, joy and compassion.
All are welcome to join small group weekly gatherings in Sequim and Port Angeles, where participants “discover valuable insights and practical advice about how we too, can experience more joy and compassion in our daily life,” event organizers say.
Each group will have a syllabus with suggested reading schedule and questions. There will also be practices each week to engage in to explore concepts presented by these spiritual leaders.
Groups began this week (Jan. 21-27); there will be a Gathering at the end of the “Spiritual Read” on March 24 where all groups come together and share.
In January through March 2017, Clallam and Jefferson counties were involved in a “Spiritual Read” connected to presentations made by the Three Interfaith Amigos — a rabbi, a minister and imam who travel together speaking about their shared Abrahamic religious backgrounds and how to explore the connections that run through those religions. Several hundred people participated and found their curiosity and connections enhanced by the process, event organizers say.
“Spiritual Read” groups are listed below, though more may be added. To participate in a group in public locations, show up at the meeting locations. For those held in someone’s home, call the number listed to get the location.
For more information or to sign up for any group, email email@example.com; requests and contact information will be directed to the facilitator for that group.
• Sundays, 3–4:30 p.m., Nuffer home (Call Bob, 360-477-3939)
• Mondays, 2–3:30 p.m., Sequim Library, 630 N. Sequim Ave. (Margaret, Annette)
• Fridays, 2–3:30 p.m., Trinity United Methodist Church, 100 S. Blake Ave. (Margaret)
Port Angeles groups
• Mondays, 2-3:30 p.m., Center for Spiritual Living Port Angeles, 254 N. Bagley Creek Road (Clancy)
• Tuesdays, 5–6:30 p.m., North Olympic Land Trust, 602 E. Front St. (Diana)
• Wednesdays, 9:30–11 a.m., Eash Home (Call Marilyn, 360-477-0681)
• Wednesdays, 6:30-8 p.m., Unity in the Olympics, 2917 E. Myrtle St. (Donna)
• Wednesdays, 6:30–8 p.m., Peninsula College Longhouse, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd. (Trisha)
• Thursdays, 11 a.m.–12:30 p.m., Port Angeles Library, 2210 W. Peabody St. (Marilyn)
• Thursdays, 6:30–8 p.m., Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 301 E. Lopez Ave. (Candance).