Brokers with Windermere Real Estate/Sequim-East and Sunland present a $2,000 donation from the Windermere Foundation to Samantha Troxler of the Sequim School District McKinney-Vento Program.
The program assists local students experiencing homelessness, which the program defines as lacking a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
This year, in the Sequim School District alone 130 students are enrolled in the program.
Donations to Sequim School District McKinney-Vento students provide immediate tangible resources such as:
• alternative transportation (bus passes)
• shelter (hotels/motels) for emergency situations
• phone cards for students to access resources and remain connected
• funding to participate in extracurricular activities, acquire identification and necessary documents for employment
• funding to pay for college application fees, running start costs, and transportation costs to visit college campuses
The Windermere Foundation’s goal is to provide financial assistance through non-profit organizations that benefit low-income and homeless families. Each time a Windermere agent helps someone buy or sell a home, a portion of their commission is donated to the Windermere Foundation.
To make a donation to the Sequim School District McKinney-Vento Program, contact Samantha Troxler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-582-3400.