Olympic Medical Center officials recognized 10 registered nurses at a recent board of commissioners meeting. Each was honored for exceptional patient care, process improvement efforts and teamwork with co-workers.
• Gretchen Gilleland and Kate Villella,who have been instrumental in refining OMC’s medication refill policy, providing a standardized process and greatly reducing the turn-around time for processing requests;
• Judy Bedford, who was involved in the process of transferring orders from the lab to the short stay unit for patients needing therapeutic phlebotomy;
• Sherry Davis and Debbie Thompson, who have been influential in the past two years as Olympic Medical Women’s Health has grown into a larger OB/GYN group;
• Lily Thomson, who mentors the medial assistants and nurses at the Children’s Clinic and handles most of the triage calls;
• Margaret Ruud, whose positive attitude and willingness to help in whatever way is needed has made a huge difference in the Children’s Clinic transition to Olympic Medical Physicians;
• Karsi Grego, who has an eye for process improvement and is diligent in getting a thorough triage assessment to make the most appropriate patient care decisions;
• Patrice Speed, who continually finds ways to improve workflows and played a key role in training new staff in preparation for the opening of OMC’s new Walk-In Clinic in Port Angeles, and,
• Ninette Swanson, who is cross-trained in each specialty in our Sequim Specialty Clinic and is also a trained tele-presenter for the Swedish TeleHealth program.