Hosted by 1 of a Kind Gallery, the Olympic Peninsula Authors are putting on “Wine & Sign,” a two-part event set for 3-4:30 p.m. on Sunday, March 4, to read from their books and offer thoughts on publishing.
1 of a Kind Gallery is located in the Landings Mall next to the Coho Ferry dock at 115 E. Railroad Ave., Port Angeles, where more than 40 artists and authors display their work.
Five area authors will read from their books — all available at the gallery. They encourage attendees to enjoy a free glass of wine and a bite to eat, then listen to tales of humor, inspiration, suspense and more. Books may be purchased and signed by the authors.
Following the readings, the featured authors will hold a short discussion on publishing options today. They are open to your questions for those considering writing a memoir or novel.
Featured authors include:
• Michael Bunnell of Sequim, who has written everything from news articles to television scripts; he will read from one of his novels, a humorous historical set in the San Juan Islands;
• Heidi Hansen of Sequim, who retired from real estate sales and now writes humorous and poignant short stories; she will read from one of her two published collections;
• Ruth Marcus of Sequim, an award-winning poet and well-known host of writing workshops; she will read from the anthology “In the Words of Olympic Peninsula Authors”;
• Linda B. Myers of Port Angeles, who writes fantasy and mystery novels as well as articles for the Sequim Gazette; she will read from her Bear Jacobs mystery series, and,
• Charlie Sheldon of Tacoma, a commercial fisherman and port planner, who will read from his novel “Strong Heart,” about the Olympic Mountains and human origins.
Email email@example.com with for more about Olympic Peninsula Authors activities.