- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
New royalty reigns
Queen Holly Hudson, Princess Meghan Gammel, Princess Elisha Elliott and Princess Lindsay
Merrell. Brianne Gilles, Ashleigh Clark, Kelsie Dotlich and Ana Baylon were the other gracious candidates. All attend Sequim High School.
_ Hudson is a 17-year-old junior and the daughter of Greg and Esther Hudson. After graduation, she plans to major in marketing. Her sponsor is Sound Community Bank.
_ Gammel, also 17, is the daughter of Randy and Candy Gammel. She plans to major in social work in order to work with troubled youths. Her sponsor is Heather Creek.
_ Seventeen-year-old Elisha Elliott is the daughter of Tim and Lynn Elliott. Her desire is to become a professional chef. Her sponsor is Candy Boutique
and Elliott Trucking.
_ Merrell is a 17-year-old junior and the daughter of Kellie Kurun. She plans to major in radiology and fashion marketing. Her sponsor is Olympic Ambulance.
Other sponsors were the Coast Guard CPOA (Clark), Bliemeisters Woodworks (Baylon), Tarcisio's (Dotlich) and Professional Real Estate (Gilles).
Clockwise, from top left:
1. Grand Pioneer Margaret Eberle Lotzgesell plays the part at the pageant.
2. Grand Marshal Jeri Smith and her husband, Ron, receive congratulations from well-wishers. She is the administrative assistant with the Sequim-Dungeness Valley Chamber of Commerce.
3. Last year's queen, Jennifer Lancheros, crowns a very excited Mary Hill from Helen Haller Elementary School. A photo of all the junior royalty will be printed in the Irrigation Festival section, to be published April 29.
4. Congratulations to all of the young women who participated in the pageant! Radiant in their gowns are, from left, Brianne Gilles, Holly Hudson, Meghan Gammel, Elisha Elliott, Ashleigh Clark, Lindsay Merrell, Kelsie Dotlich and Ana Baylon.
5. Fairy Emily Loucks spreads pixie dust over the stage to bring on "Sequim: A Magical Place."
Photos by Patricia Morrison Coate
Page design by Cathy Clark