Missing Sequim woman found safe in garage

The Clallam County Sheriff's Office announced the husband of a missing Sequim woman found her Monday in a garage near their home after he and officials searched the North Olympic Peninsula for two days.

Lisa K. Law, 47, was found alive but disoriented.

Law's husband reported her missing the afternoon of Saturday, Feb. 28. She was last seen at her residence on Kirner Road in the Sequim area at 9:30 a.m. that day.

The Clallam County Search and Rescue Team conducted a search of the area on Saturday but was unable to find her.

There was heightened concern because Law had been found unconscious in a snow bank by a neighbor on Feb. 26, and she might have a medical condition.

A spokesman at the Sheriff's Office said Law was found at about 1 p.m. March 2 in a garage on Stone Avenue, which is a few blocks away from her home.

"We will make sure she is fully evaluated, but for now I can only say her condition is one of disorientation and confusion," said Clallam County Sheriff's Detective Sgt. Lyman Moores.

"It was quite amazing. Her husband had continued his search of the area surrounding their home, heard movement in a garage, peeked inside and saw her there."

The homeowners of the garage were on vacation and just how Law got inside or why she entered the structure is unknown at this time. Her condition was such that questioning would have to wait.

"Although we do not know for sure, based on circumstances it would seem she was there for the two days," Moores said.

Law was transported to the Olympic Medical Center for a medical review and was later booked into the Clallam County Correctional Facility on charges of second-degree burglary and third-degree theft from a building.

No details on the allegations are available as official court charges had yet to be filed at press deadline.

Regardless of the outcome, Moores expressed relief at the news Law was found. He said deputies had handed out fliers in an attempt to track any movements she had in the county and subsequently had a couple of leads. However, the leads went dry Sunday evening.

"To come into work today with our leads exhausted was tough, but then you hear that she is found and that makes all the difference," he said.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Oct 26
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates