Forks husband, wife reported dead: SWAT team enters home, departs

Forks Forum photo by Chris Cook

Forks Police Department issues statement on shooting

Forks Police Department press release
On Monday July 26, 2010 Forks Police responded to a 911 call reporting a despondent individual residing on G Street in Forks with his wife and children.

A Forks Police officer arriving on scene at approximately 6 a.m. heard a single gunshot from inside the residence. Forks Police set up a perimeter and evacuated the surrounding residences for their safety. 

Forks Police Chief Lloyd Lee requested assistance and negotiators from the Clallam County Sheriffs Office and obtained additional help from the Washington State Swat Team, Clallam County Co. Sheriff's Office, Clallam Bay Corrections Center (negotiator), La Push fish and Wildlife, National Park Service, and Washington Dept of Natural Resources Law Enforcement.   

After officers contained the residence for several hours attempting to elicit a response and have persons inside the residence come out, a male and female child ran from the home.

A subsequent search of the home established a man and a woman were deceased.

The Forks Police and Clallam County Sheriff's Office will conduct a joint investigation into the circumstances of the two deaths.

Posted Monday, July 26, 2010

Previous story:
A husband and wife are reportedly dead in an early morning domestic shooting at their home in Forks. At about 11:30 a.m. a Washington State Patrol SWAT team arrived, likely sent from WSP headquarters in Tacoma, and marched down the driveway of the home. Earlier, uninjured children were taken from the home. Most of this morning, leading up to the arrival of the SWAT team, law enforcement officers from the Forks Police Department, the Clallam County Sheriff's Office and the National Park Service were stationed across the street from a home located on G Street in Forks, about one block west of Highway 101/Forks Ave.  No official report has been released on the incident. The street is cordoned off at its intersection with Highway 101 and about half way down G Street. Traffic along Forks Avenue is moving along as normal. Bystanders told the Forks Forum that officers arrived on the scene about 6:30 a.m. today, Monday, July 26.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Oct 20
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates