- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Brush fire extinguished near Kitchen-Dick Road
A four-acre grass fire on Owl Creek Lane in Carlsborg was caused by a lawn mower, fire officials said.
Clallam County Fire District 3 Captain Dennis Kettel said the fire was called in at 12:10 p.m. after a man was mowing the field, in an attempt to prevent a grass fire, and hit a rock that sparked the fire.
Owl Creek Lane connects to Spath Road in Carlsborg.
Kettel said the fire spread to four acres and was suppressed in about 45 minutes by crews from Station 33, Station 34 and Station 37.
An additional hour was spent digging up hot spots and hosing down the perimeter of the fire to prevent any further spread, he said.