- About Us
Sequim man found guilty in bar stabbing
A Sequim man was found guilty of second-degree assault with a deadly weapon and sentenced to 20 months in prison.
After a five-day trial, the jury found David Harris, 30, guilty of stabbing Ernesto Sanches Andalob in front of R Bar in Port Angeles in early September. The verdict was reached Dec. 9.
Clallam County Prosecutor Deb Kelly charged Harris with first-degree assault but the jury found him not guilty of the more serious offense.
Port Angeles Police Detective Ted Rife said in court documents Harris, who introduced himself to people as “Gangsta Dave,” was kicked out of the bar earlier in the night and threatened to return and “shoot the place up.”
At 1:41 a.m., medics and police were called to the bar in response to a stabbing and found a large amount of blood and a bloodied knife at the scene, Rife said.
Harris was arrested Sept. 7 and has remained in the Clallam County jail since.
Harris’ attorney, David Bendell of Sequim, said Harris has lived in the Sequim area his entire life and is a college graduate with experience as a car salesman. Bendell requested Harris be sentenced to less than 15 months, with credit for the 100 days served, so he could stay in the area and receive the support of family and friends.
Harris will serve his sentence at a state prison.