- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Lavender Farm Faire lines up support
Sequim Gazette staff
Sequim Lavender Farm Faire’s first Lavender in the Park event at Carrie Blake Park has 130 booth spaces committed for food, crafts and merchants space.
Sponsors have signed on to support the fair, too, including presenting sponsors John L. Scott Real Estate – Sequim, First Federal, the Sequim Gazette and George Washington Inn.
Major sponsors are Best Friend Nutrition, Black Ball Ferries – MV Coho, The Cedars at Dungeness, LoBo Designs, Nash’s Organic Produce, a donor named “Naʔsa̕n̕əŋ neʔa̕ʔy,kk” in the Klallam
language, Olympic Distributors, Olympic Springs, Olympic Peninsula Winery Association, Olympic Restaurant Supply, QFC and SkyRidge Golf Course. Supporting sponsors are Clipper Vacations, Fish Brewing, Olympic Cellars, Olympic Gentle Paws, Pike Ale and Sequim Valley NAPA. Lodging partners are Holiday Inn Express and Conference Center and Quality Inn & Suites. KSQM 91.5 FM is the event’s media partner.
Lavender in the Park programming includes:
• Lavender and lavender products from Sequim Lavender Farmers Association members
• Food from Alaska Weathervane Scallops, Athena, Bangkok Bistro, Café Fiore, Friends of the Fields Foundation, J’aime Les Crepes, Jeremiah’s BBQ, Kokopelli Grill, Little O’s Donuts, Mystery Bay Clams and Oysters, Olympic Ice Cream, PF Roasting, Tarcisio’s and The Cedars at Dungeness
• Music all day at the James Center for the Performing Arts band shell and amphitheater with evening concerts from Beatles Tribute band, Crème Tangerine, on Friday, and “Stompin’ at the Park” with Cort Armstrong and the Blue Rooster Band on Saturday
• Juried handmade crafts show
• Nonprofit community organizations
• Wine and beer garden by the Olympic Peninsula Winery Association
• Gentle Paws pet-sitting
• Nash’s Organic Produce Agriculture and Rural Life Project
• Clallam County Master Gardeners garden tours
• Mike’s Bikes “bike corral” on the Olympic Discovery Trail
• The NW Raptor Center’s birds of prey
• Blake Street parking lot for more than 1,000 cars
Lavender in the Park admission is free.• Other Community events including Puffin Sunset Marine Cruise; Railroad Bridge Park Bird Walk in the Park, Lavender Wine Tour, Sequim Arts Studio Tour, Olympic Driftwood Sculptors Art Show, Sky Ridge Golf Course Lavender Golf Tournament and Sunbonnet Sue Quilt Show.
The Lavender Farm Tour includes seven lavender farms with fields of lavender, U-pick, workshops, demonstrations, crafts, food and music. Advance tickets are $10 per person; tickets during the weekend are $15 per person, and no charge for children 12 and under. Tickets for active military personnel and their dependants are $10.
The Sequim Lavender Farm Faire is July 15-17 during the traditional Sequim Lavender weekend, with the Sequim Lavender Festival® running the same weekend but separately from mentioned events.
For more information, visit www.sequimlavenderfarms.org, or call 452-6300.