News

House fire started in wood stove chimney

 -
— image credit:

by Sequim Gazette Staff

 

Firefighters with Clallam County Fire District 3 were dispatched to a fully involved roof fire on Williamson Road around 9:40 p.m. Wednesday.

 

The first units on scene found the roof engulfed in flames, spreading aggressively on a two-story house, District 3 Public Information Officer Peter Loeb said in a news release. The blaze kept 29 firefighters busy for nearly two hours.

 

The owners of the home were treated for smoke inhalation by medics and received overnight accommodation arrangements through the Red Cross.

 

Fire District 3 Assistant Chief Roger Moeder said the blaze caused substantial damage to the home.

 

 

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Aug 20 edition online now. Browse the archives.