- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Riders rough the rain for poker run
Bicycle enthusiasts — 33 in all — braved heavy rain to complete the third annual Bicycle Poker Run on May 7. Some went the 40-mile circuit to and from Sequim Dog Park inside Carrie Blake Park to visit eight local farms and shops to collect cards.First place and $330, 50-percent of riders’ fees, went to Carrie Kalina from Dungeness.
Other riding winners are:
• Second place, Howard Sewell, $100 gift certificate from Mike’s Bikes in Sequim
• Third, Bob Anundson, road bike tires from Mike’s Bikes
• Fourth, Nancy Anseth, bike tires to Port Townsend Cyclery
• Fifth, Chrys Hansen, a pocket disk from Sport Townsend in Port Townsend
• Sixth-eighth, Rene Toft, Greg Stone and Laura Rundle, cycling gloves from Sound Bikes and Kayaks in Port Angeles
• Ninth, Randy Barber, copper coin from Sea Cliff Gardens Bed and Breakfast
• 10th-13th, Dave Collins, Stan Smith, Suzie Schneider and Susan Toft, cycling socks from Sound Bikes and Kayaks
Proceeds after winnings are dispersed go the Sequim Dog Park and Sequim Irrigation Festival. Organizers plan to do the event again next year during the festival.