- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Classy cars continue eighth show
Sleek designs, fast engines and plenty of awesomeness filled the eighth annual Carousel Cruzz n’ Shine car show on May 14.
Burt Karapostoles, show co-chairman, said 140 classic and custom vehicles either participated in the parade along Washington Street and/or in the show at Sequim Walmart’s parking lot.
In keeping with tradition, the show featured a car from every decade since automobiles were invented and judges critiqued vehicles in 22 categories with winners receiving plaques.
Karapostoles said sponsorships were up more than double and they raffled off thousands of dollars in donated items to benefit the show and the Sequim Irrigation Festival.
The band The Blue Whole Quartet played for the first time.
Karapostoles said for the 2012 show, he’s added Randy Perry as a co-chairman, and they have a goal of 200 cars to participate.
For more on the show, visit www.irrigationfestival.com or look for it on Facebook under “Sequim Irrigation Festival Car Show & Cruzz.”
Show winners are:
• Peoples Choice Award, Joe Holcomb of Sequim for his 1968 Chevy Chevelle
• Best Street Rod Roadster, Allan and Valorie Thornack, Sequim, 1932 Ford Roadster
• Best Street Rod Sedan/Coupe, Derry Dillingham, Port Townsend, 1928 Ford Model A
• Best Street Rod Pickup, James Mueller, Sequim, 1955 Ford F-100
• Best Import Car/Pickup, Steve Shillingham, Port Angeles, 1991 Acura NSX
• Best Unfinished Car/Pickup, Bill Holcombe, Sequim, 1965 Ford Mustang
• Best 1947 and Older Pickup/Truck, Edd Fisher, Port Angeles, 1927 Graham
• Best 1948 and Newer Pickup/Truck, Gary Little, Sequim, 1972 Chevy Truck
• Best Rat Rod, Jim Langan, Sequim,1935-36 Ford
• Best Muscle Car, Al Skalli, Sequim, 1968 Pontiac Firebird
• Best Pony Car, John Buonpane, Forks, 1966 Mustang
• Best Corvette, Dennis Stone, Bremerton, 2001 Corvette
• Best Custom Car, Cathy Lowery, Castle Rock, 1966 Chevy Corvette
• Best 1919 and Older, Richard Ward, Sequim, 1915 Ford Touring
• Best 1920-1929, Wayne Caldwell, Sequim, 1927 Stutz Boattail
• Best 1930-1939, Brant Parks, Sequim, 1930 Ford Victoria
• Best 1940-1949, Michael and Denise Sieg, Sequim, 1940 Chrysler Traveler Coupe
• Best 1950-1959, Leith Johnson, Port Angeles, 1955 Chevy Suburban
• Best 1960-1969, Tracy Bloom, Sequim, 1969 Chevy Camaro
• Best 1970-1979, Terry Jones, Port Angeles, 1972 Olds Cutlass
• Best 1980-Present, Marv Fowler, Sequim, 2008 Shelby Super Snake