News

Minimal damage in animal hospital fire

 -
— image credit:
No animals were harmed in a reported early morning electrical fire at Sequim Animal Hospital, 202 N. Seventh Ave.

 

 

Clallam County Fire District 3 reported to smoke coming out of the building at about 2:50 a.m. Tuesday, July 5.

 

 

Peter Loeb, public information officer, said there appeared to be wiring in the ceiling that burned out.

 

 

Fire crews extinguished the small fire quickly and used tarps to minimize property damage.

 

 

Hospital staff said the smoke stayed out of the main building and went through the roof with minimal damage.

 

 

Sequim Animal Hospital is open regular hours, 8 a.m.- 6 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday.

 

 

 

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Jul 23 edition online now. Browse the archives.