- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Sunbonnet Sue’s celebrate 25th quilt show
The Sunbonnet Sue Quilt Club hosted about 1,500 visitors over Lavender Weekend at Sequim Middle School for its 25th annual show. Members showed 200 quilts, including visitors’ choice for Best in Show “Carousel Dreams” by Sherry McEntire and quilted by Rhonda Coler. Organizers said they sold all 5,000 raffle tickets for their “Anniversary Star” quilt, which went to Jeannie Berg of Sequim. Proceeds benefit community quilt projects. The 2010 lavender quilt was raffled at the Sequim Lavender Festival Street Fair and the 2011 quilt will be shown at the main stage and raffled in 2012.
Winners for the show are as follows:
• First: “Katie’s Wedding Quilt” by Diane Ross
• Second: “Italian Pottery Memories” by Jan Bartlett
• Third: “21st Century Double Wedding Ring” by Carolyn Flint
• First: “Great Blue Heron” by Ilse Osier
• Second: “Dragon Flies in Flight” by Shirley Lehman, quilted by Carol Olsen
Third: “Keave Tree” by Beverly Beighle
Clothing and Accessories
• Best in Category: “Grandmother Betty’s Jacket” by Patricia Hatcher
• First: “Sol Duc Falls” by Sandy Collins
• Second: “Rocks and Grass,” Fractured Photo Challenge made by a group: Beverly Beighle, Lindy Figenbutz and Sherry Nagel
• Third: “Alaska Flowers,” Fractured Photo Challenge made by Stephanie Swensson, Sue Nylander, Marijane Figg and Liisa Fagerlund
• Anniversary Challenge, Viewer’s Choice: “Celebrate the Day” by Beverly Beighle
Sunbonnet Sue Quilt Club meets from 8:30 a.m. into the afternoon every Wednesday at the Sequim Masonic Lodge, 700 S. Fifth Ave. Membership is $50 a year, which allows quilters to come to meetings, take classes and participate in the show.
Visit www.sunbonnetsuequiltclub.org for more information.