News

Jamestown house catches fire Sunday morning

 -
— image credit:

Updated: 4 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 4.

A house at 133 Jamestown Road caught fire around 9:30 a.m. Sunday morning, Sept. 4.

Peter Loeb, Clallam County Fire Department 3 public information officer, said a clothes dryer is believed to be the cause of the fire.

Carolyn Lindley, the homeowner, and her pets were not harmed. The fire department determined smoke damage made Lindley’s home uninhabitable.

Flames reached upwards of 10 feet and crews used about 200 gallons of water to extinguish flames.

A small team of fire fighters stayed through the afternoon to make sure the fire was out.
 

================

Earlier story:

A house at 133 Jamestown Road caught fire Sunday morning around 10 a.m.


Peter Loeb, District 3 public information officer, said a clothes dryer is believed to be the cause of the fire.

Clallam County Fire Department 3 reports the homeowner and pets were not harmed.

Flames reached upwards of 10 feet.
We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Aug 20 edition online now. Browse the archives.