- About Us
League of Women Voters announces debate schedule
The League of Women Voters of Clallam County hosts the following candidate debates in Sequim and Port Angeles during October:
• 7-9 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 11, at Sequim City Council chambers, 152 W. Cedar St.
Sequim City Council candidates for Position 1 (Peter Duncan and Erik Erichsen), Position 2 (Laura DuBois and John Miller), and Position 7 (Eric Miller and Candace Pratt); moderated by Anne Murray.
• 2-3:30 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 15, at Port Angeles City Council Chambers, 321 E. Fifth St.
Initiative 1163 to restore cuts to the state home health care program and Initiative 1183 calling for the privatization of liquor in Washington; moderated by Bertha Cooper.
• 7-9 p.m., Monday, Oct. 17, at Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St.
Candidates for Park and Recreation District 1 (SARC), Position 3 (Bill Black, write-in, and Melinda Griffith) and Position 5 (Sonu Deol and Jan Richardson); and candidates for Sequim School Board, director at large (Walter Johnson and Stephen Rosales); moderated by Norma Turner.
• 7-9 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 19, at Port Angeles City Council chambers, 321 E. Fifth St.
Port Angeles City Council candidates, Position 1 (Brad Collins and Drew Schwab), Position 5 (Dan Di Guilio and Noelle Fuller), Position 6 (Sissi Bruch and Don Perry), and Position 7 (Cherie Kidd); moderated by Ruth Marcus.
• 2-4 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 22, at the Port Angeles Library, 2210 S. Peabody St.
County Commissioner District No. 1 candidates (Linda Barnfather and Jim McEntire), and candidates for Hospital District 2, Position 1 (John Nutter and Jeanne LaBrecque) and Position 2 (John Miles and Jack Slowriver). Note: Nutter is scheduled to give an opening statement only because LaBrecque is out of town. Moderated by Vicci Rudin.
Debates are co-sponsored by radio station KONP, the Sequim Senior Activity Center and the Sequim Gazette.
For information, call
Laura Lanka at 504-2247 or e-mail email@example.com.