- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Festival seeks button design
Organizers for the 2012 Sequim Irrigation Festival recently kicked off their annual button design contest for all students in Sequim School District boundaries in first-fifth grades.
Last year, 141 students entered, including students from Greywolf and Helen Haller Elementary and home school programs.
Greywolf student Blake Wiker won a limo ride around Sequim and free lunch for designing the festival’s button.
This year’s theme is “117 & Still Growin’ Green.” Organizers suggest using blue water and green fields, colorful crops, hay bales, farm implements, irrigation devices and/or farmers in the picture.
The winning button designer receives at minimum:
• A ride in the Saturday, May 12, Irrigation Festival Grand Parade
• Three tickets to the Irrigation Festival Pageant
• Dinner for three to the Irrigation Festival Kick-off Dinner
• Introduction and recognition at all festival events
• A one-day armband for the Irrigation Festival Carnival
• Artwork and artist bio featured in the Information Booth and Festival Program
The following rules apply:
• Participants in grades one through five must live within the Sequim School District boundaries.
• Entries must be submitted on white paper no larger than 8 1/2” x 11” and be original and created in 2011.
• Be sure to include contact information, like the designer’s name, address, phone number, e-mail address (if available), and teacher (if applicable) on the back of each entry.
• Participants can enter as many times as they choose.
• If a participant wants the entry back, he or she must include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Judges will retain the winning artwork.
• Entries for Helen Haller and Greywolf students are due by noon, Friday, Oct. 28.
• Send individual entries to: Irrigation Festival Button Contest, P.O. Box 3201, Sequim, Wash., 98382. Entries must be postmarked by October 29, 2011.
• Judges choose a winner Nov. 11.
Fifth-graders from both elementary schools sell the winning design in March 2012 to help the festival.
For more information, call 808-5448, or e-mail email@example.com.