- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Transit has plan, tips for poor weather
Clallam Transit System customers should be aware of the possible changes in routes and schedules when the Olympic Peninsula experiences severe ice or snow conditions.
The transit system will attempt to keep buses on regular routes as long as conditions permit.
During adverse conditions, some routes may be rerouted and it is likely most routes will be running behind schedule.
If conditions are severe, trips of some routes may be cancelled.
Tips for riding the bus in snow and ice:
• Wait for the bus at the top of the hill closest to the stop.
• Signal the bus so the operator has plenty of time to stop.
• Wait until the bus stops and door opens before approaching.
• Use handrails when getting on and off the bus.
• Wear highly visible and warm clothing.
Customers are advised to listen to local media sources for information concerning road closures that may affect their bus route.
Visit www.clallamtransit.com or call 452-4511 or 800-858-3747.