- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Fire burns home near Old Olympic Highway
Updated 4:45 p.m. Monday, Dec. 12.
Clallam County Fire District 3 personnel responded to a house fire Monday afternoon at 124 Fitzgerald Road, off House Road near Old Olympic Highway.
Neighbors reported smoke coming out of the home around 12:17 p.m.
Assistant chief Roger Moeder said the house was unoccupied but sustained heavy heat and smoke damage. The cause of the fire appears to be a light-duty extension cord with items on top of it inside the home’s garage.
Fire crews extinguished the fire about 30 minutes later.
Moeder advises people be careful when using extension cords, especially with their heavy use during the holidays.
An account was established for the home’s residents, Brent and Lacey Lovell, at all First Federal branches.
Monetary donations and clothing for their son, in size eight-12 months, can be donated at the Sequim or Carlsborg fire stations or Olympic Ambulance, 601 W. Hendrickson Road.
Brent Lovell is a volunteer firefighter and recent graduate of the firefighter academy with Clallam County Fire District 3. Contact Clallam County Fire District 3, 323 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim, at 683-4242.