- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Propane heater explodes in SunLand
A 57-year-old man is being treated for burns to his face and hands after the propane heater he was working on exploded at a home on Horizon View Drive in SunLand.
Patrick Young, public information officer with Clallam County Fire District 3, said the man did something to the heater that made it explode.
The force of the explosion blew a door off its frame inside the garage area of the home and caused one of the exterior house walls to bow outward, Young said.
A small portion of insulation smoldered from the flash fire following the explosion and was extinguished on scene, he said.
No other injuries were reported.