News

Propane heater explodes in SunLand

 -
— image credit:
by AMANDA WINTERS
Sequim Gazette

A 57-year-old man is being treated for burns to his face and hands after the propane heater he was working on exploded at a home on Horizon View Drive in SunLand.

 

Patrick Young, public information officer with Clallam County Fire District 3, said the man did something to the heater that made it explode.

 

The force of the explosion blew a door off its frame inside the garage area of the home and caused one of the exterior house walls to bow outward, Young said.

 

A small portion of insulation smoldered from the flash fire following the explosion and was extinguished on scene, he said.

 

No other injuries were reported.

EMAIL NEWSLETTERS

Latest news, top stories, and community events,
delivered to your inbox.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 1 edition online now. Browse the archives.