- About Us
Last day to save $5 on Lavender Farm Faire tickets
Thursday, July 19, is the last day to purchase advance tickets for the Lavender Farm Faire. Tickets are available for only $10 (children 12 and under are free) at www.sequimlavenderfarms.org, at any of the participating farms, at either Sequim Visitor Center (1192 E. Washington St. or 163 W. Washington St.) and at other ticket outlets. After July 19, tickets are $15 adults, $10 active duty military and dependents, and free for those 12 and under.
Tickets allow entry to all seven of the individual farm celebrations.
Entry to the festivities at Lavender in the Park, at the Water Reuse Demonstration Park near Carrie Blake Park, is free.
Lavender Farm Faire weekend highlights at Lavender in the Park:
•Opening ceremonies (Friday): Lavender in the Park opens at 9 a.m. At 10:30 a.m. the 133rd Army Band plays, followed at 11:15 a.m., by State Senator Jim Hargrove, County Commissioner Steve Tharinger, Sequim Mayor Ken Hays and other notables.
• Special guest gardener and media personality Ciscoe Morris presents a workshop from 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
• Kids Faire (Saturday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.): Everything is free at The First Federal Boys & Girls Club Kids Faire for children 5-12 at Lavender in the Park. Activities include old-fashioned gunny sack races (10 a.m.); a water balloon toss (noon); finding the needle in a haystack (1 p.m.); a watermelon eating contest (2 p.m.); a tug of war (3:15 p.m.) and an egg-and-spoon relay (4 p.m.)
• Ponies! (Saturday-Sunday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.) The Native Horsemanship Riding Center brings its therapy ponies to Lavender in the park to give mini-lessons in how to mount and ride a pony. $5 donation helps a great cause.
• Wine and Beer Garden (Friday-Sunday): Enjoy the fruits of local wineries and regional microbreweries on the grounds of Lavender in the Park, featuring Olympic Cellars Lavender Wine and Finnriver Lavender Black Currant Hard Cider.
• Sequim Balloon Festival event(Friday-Sunday): Several hot air balloons will be rotating tethered flights at Lavender in the Park. Hot air balloon rides are also available. Call 461-2202 or e-mail SequimBalloonFestival@gmail.com.
• Poster Puzzle: The Lavender Farm Faire poster art is available as a 513-piece jigsaw puzle at several of the farms and at Lavender in the Park information booths.
Find more information about the Lavender Farm Faire in the Gazette's special section, available around town.