- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
United Way announces 2013 Great Beginnings grants
United Way of Clallam County invites proposals for $100,000 in early learning grants through the 2013 Great Beginnings program.
Successful grants must include specific plans to do some or all of the following:
• Deliver an evidence-based or promising practice parenting course for parents/caregivers of children birth to age 5
• Increase the number of education and support programs in all geographic areas of the county
• Provide information on a child's cognitive, physical, social and emotional development
• Support parent and caregiver access to relevant early learning materials
• Measure and report on outcomes.
To be eligible, agencies must attend one of two mandatory bidders conferences at 3:30 p.m. today, Wednesday, Oct. 10, in the Wendel Room, Olympic Medical Center, lower level, 939 Caroline St., Port Angeles; or at 9:30 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 11, in Linkletter Hall, Olympic Medical Center, lower level, 939 Caroline St., Port Angeles.
For more information or to receive a copy of the Great Beginnings Grant application, call United Way at 457-3011 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.