- About Us
Clallam Transit sets ‘Snow Plan,’ announces changes to schedule
Clallam Transit System customers should be aware of the possible changes in routes and schedules when the Olympic Peninsula experiences severe ice or snow conditions.
Transit officials will attempt to keep buses on regular routes as long as conditions permit.
Most changes to bus routes during inclement weather affect routes west of Port Angeles, including service to Joyce, Forks, Clallam Bay and Neah Bay, along with several routes within the Port Angeles city limits.
Clallam Transit does not expect any changes to the Sequim Shuttle route, though service to Diamond Point would be limited.
Tips for riding the bus in snow and ice:
• Wait for the bus at the top of the hill closest to the stop.
• Signal the bus so the operator has plenty of time to stop.
• Wait until the bus stops and the door opens before approaching.
• Use handrails when getting on and off the bus.
• Wear highly visible and warm clothing.
Customers are advised to listen to local media sources for information concerning road closures that may affect their bus route.
Find updated information on the system’s website at www.clallamtransit.com.
Call 452-4511 or toll-free at 800-858-3747.