- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Lavender farmers plan year-round fun for visitors
The family run farms that make up the Sequim Lavender Farmers Association have developed a year-round calendar of events open to the public.
• The Week of Lavender, July 13-18, gives people a chance to visit the member farms as they make final preparations for the Sequim Lavender Farm Faire.
Saturday, July 13, is packed with events: Jardin du Soleil hosts brunch at 10 a.m. (Tickets available online); Washington Lavender Farm offers high tea, with George Washington, at 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. or 2:30 p.m. on a replica of Mount Vernon (Reservations, 452-5207); and at 5 p.m. the world-famous Kingston Trio appears at the James Center for the Performing Arts near Carrie Blake Park. (Tickets for the trio are at brownpapertickets.com. Friends of Lavender members receive $5 off the ticket price when purchased at the Purple Haze Lavender downtown store.
• The Sequim Lavender Farm Faire, July 19-21, features the Heritage Lavender Farm Tour of family run farms and the free Lavender Arts & Crafts Faire in Carrie Blake Park. Advance tickets for the farm tour are $10 through July 18, $15 on the weekend. Current military and dependents are $10, children 12 and under free.
• The Tour de Lavender, Saturday-Sunday, Aug. 3-4, is a 100K Metric Century ride from Kingston to Sequim (Saturday) mostly on the Olympic Discovery Trail and back roads. On both days there is a family fun ride for all levels through the Sequim Dungeness Valley. Seasoned riders can join in the "Ride the Hurricane" on Sunday.
• The Lavender Oil Distillation Celebration, Aug. 31-Sept. 1, features an up-close look at the "lavender stills" as the farms distill lavender oil.
• Start holiday shopping early at the Winter Lavender Faire on Saturday, Nov. 30, at the Boys & Girls Club, 400 W. Fir St., Sequim. The free event includes holiday décor, gifts, crafts, food and fun for the whole family. A Gingerbread House Contest is sponsored by That Takes the Cake!
• Lavender Springs Eternal is planned for the spring of 2014 at a time to be determined.
Join Friends of Lavender for year-round benefits
The Sequim Lavender Farmers Association, a Washington state nonprofit corporation of local family owned and operated farms, offers a new year-round calendar of events and special year-round benefits to Friends of Lavender members.
The one year individual membership, $35, includes two tickets and souvenir buttons for the Sequim Lavender Farm Faire ($30 value); a complimentary Lavender Faire poster; annual/periodic newsletters; and a 15-percent discount on all lavender product and plant purchases at SLFA farms all year long.
Sign up online at www.sequimlavender.org, at any of the member farms and at event information booths. For more information, e-mail email@example.com or call 452-6300.
The members of the Sequim Lavender Farmers Association, a Washington state nonprofit corporation, are local family owned and operated farms with over 125 years of collective lavender-growing experience. SLFA farmers live on the land and are full-time farmers, committed to the highest quality lavender, lavender products and events.
For more information visit www.sequimlavender.org, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 452-6300.