- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Fire District 3 extinguishes brush fire Wednesday afternoon
District 3 firefighters respond to a brush fire in an empty field between West Washington Street and Maple Street at about 1 p.m. Wednesday.
No injuries were reported.
Cause of the fire from the initial report, district officials said, was from a spark from a tractor mower.
The fire was about 40 feet wide and was extinguished by 1:45 p.m.
Recent sunny, warm weather coupled with afternoon wind, dry grass and brush are prime conditions for large, quick-moving fires, fire district officials say. Caution should be used with open flames on barbecue grills and lawn equipment whose sparks may ignite fires.