Sequim arrest highlights OPNET cases



 Sequim Gazette staff

John Dale Davis, 51, of Sequim, was arrested by Clallam County Sheriff’s deputies at a closed business west of Sequim on Feb. 27 and was booked into the Clallam County jail.

Davis’ arrest stemmed from a warrant issued as part of an Olympic Peninsula Narcotics Enforcement Team case.


Davis was last arrested at a home west of Sequim on Jan. 24 in a operation involving OPNET and the Clallam County Sheriff’s Office. However, Davis was again released from the Clallam County jail and remained at large until Feb. 27.


Previously, a no bail felony warrant had been issued for the arrest Davis. That warrant was issued after a judge found that Davis failed to obey an order of the Clallam County Superior Court. Davis was arrested by OPNET and Clallam County Sheriff’s deputies on Sept. 16, 2013, at his residence in the 300 block of River Road. When OPNET arrived on scene, Davis ran into the house and hid in the attic. He was located, arrested and incarcerated shortly thereafter. That warrant was issued after Davis had failed to comply with a court order connected with Davis’ OPNET case. Davis had been sentenced to serve 24 months probation plus three to six months of intensive inpatient treatment on Aug. 21, 2013.


Davis pled guilty to two counts of delivery of methamphetamine in exchange for two additional counts being dismissed.


Davis’ prior criminal history includes possession of a controlled substance in 2011. Davis was arrested at his River Road home near Sequim on the morning of Jan. 24, 2013. During an investigation, OPNET developed probable cause to believe that Davis sold methamphetamine to OPNET on four separate occasions during the month of October 2012.

Thursday’s arrest makes the fourth time that Davis has been booked into the Clallam County jail related to the October 2012 OPNET case.


Moorman sentenced

Lawrence R. “Russ” Moorman, 50, of Sequim, was sentenced on Feb. 14 to serve 12 months in state prison followed by 12 months of probation.


According to officials from the Olympic Peninsula Narcotics Enforcement Team, Moorman had been sentenced to 24 months probation on March 26, 2013, but after he failed to comply with probation requirements the agreement was revoked and he was re-sentenced.


Moorman’s sentence was a result of a guilty plea to three counts of delivery of methamphetamine. Moorman pled guilty to delivering methamphetamine to OPNET in March and April of 2012.


On March 29 of that year, Moorman delivered about three grams of methamphetamine for $200 and on April 12 he delivered about 25 grams for $970. Also, on April 19, Moorman delivered about 30 grams (just over one ounce) for $1,100.


All of the deliveries occurred in and near Port Angeles.


Hutto pleads guilty

Matthew A. Hutto, 46, of Port Angeles, was sentenced to 24 months probation on Feb. 20 after he pled guilty to endangerment with a controlled substance, a Class B felony, and possession of methamphetamine, a Class C felony, in January.


Hutto’s guilty plea was the result of an Olympic Peninsula Narcotics Enforcement Team investigation during which team members developed probable cause to believe that Hutto delivered methamphetamine to OPNET at a home in the 800 block of Whidbey Avenue on Jan. 8, 2013.


Hutto’s previous felony convictions include a residential burglary committed on Jan. 15, 2002, possession of a controlled substance committed on Nov. 19, 2000, and possession of a controlled substance committed on Jan. 26, 2000.
We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 20
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates