- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Survivor’s Outdoor Experience hosts 2014 ‘Spring Healing’ retreat
Survivor’s Outdoor Experience presents the third “Healing Adventure” at the Olympic NatureBridge Campus, set for May 16-18.
Participants include individuals who have been diagnosed with cancer and a companion of their choice.
This free program brings a small group of participants together to enjoy a weekend that features presentations, indoor and outdoor activities, food and more.
• “Who Is a Survivor?” by Jack Ganster
• “From Surviving to Thriving” by Dr. Heath Foxlee
• “Now What? Navigating Forward” by Linda Klinefelter
• “Getting Well with Hypnosis” by Christine Jacobson
• “Exercise Is Good Medicine”
• “Healthy Cooking with Local Foods” with chef Dave Long from Oven Spoonful
• Music by Twisted Roots
• “Hiking and Canoeing” with NatureBridge staff
“We hope this to be a meaningful experience for everyone,” Jack Ganster, executive director of Survivor’s Outdoor Experience, said.
The Healing Adventure is held at the NatureBridge campus on Lake Crescent in Olympic National Park.
Survivor’s Outdoor Experience is a nonprofit educational and recreational organization.
The program was developed to provide cancer survivors of all ages an opportunity to learn about the benefits of living a healthy and active lifestyle.
The program provides a curriculum of informative presentations balanced with recreational activities. The goal is to assist participants in gaining strength, hope and a sense of the future.
For more information about the program, see survivorsoutdoorexperience.org, call Jack Ganster at 477-1619 or e-mail email@example.com.