- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
County seeks volunteers for boards, committees
The Board of Clallam County Commissioners announced last week openings on advisory boards and committees. Specific categories are noted where applicable.
Interested citizens are invited to call the Clallam County Commissioners’ Office at 417-2233, visit the office in the Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles, or get the application online at www.clallam.net/Board/assets/applets/Boards_and_Committees_Full_Application.pdf. Current members with expiring terms are asked to provide a written statement by facsimile (417-2493), mail (223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles 98362), or e-mail email@example.com.
Applications must be received by Sept. 5.
• Animal Issues Advisory Committee (five positions) — A representative of District III (West End), Friends of Forks Animals; a veterinarian, and an at-large member
• Boundary Review Board (two) — A city representative and a special districts representative
• Carlsborg Community Advisory Council (two) — Resident of a manufactured/mobile home park community within the Carlsborg urban growth area; business or real property owner within the Carlsborg Village Center
• Developmental Disabilities Advisory Committee (five)
• Homelessness Task Force (eight) — Representative of healthcare providers, faith community, business community, homeless or formerly homeless (two openings), law and justice system, at-large, and an advocate for youth issues.
• Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (two) — Representing collector of the tax and potential user of fund
• Marine Resource Committee (three) — At-large position, representative of the marine trades, and a representative of Commissioner District III (West End)
Opportunity Fund Board (two) — A representative from Commissioner II (Port Angeles) and Commissioner District III (West End)
• Peninsula Housing Authority (one)
• Peninsula Regional Support Network (two) — The community mental health program funded by the state through Medicaid and state only dollars covers Kitsap, Clallam, and Jefferson counties with monthly meetings in the Port Townsend area. For an application and more information, call 800-525-5637 or 360-337-4604; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sheriff’s Citizens Advisory Committee (one) — Representative of unincorporated area surrounding Forks
• Trails Advisory Committee (10) — Representatives in the following categories: Sequim area trails advocacy group, Port Angeles area trails advocacy group, Western area trails advocacy group, Straits area trails advocacy group, Olympic National Park, Department of Natural Resources, large private forest company, City of Port Angeles, City of Sequim, off-road motorized user groups.
Detailed descriptions of the Boards or Committees can be found at www.clallam.net/bocc/documents/BoardsandCommittees-Web.pdf.