• Peter Barthell. Classical guitar. 6-9 p.m. Galare Thai, 120 W. Bell St., Sequim. 683-8069.
• Rail. 1970s-1980s hard rock, metal band. 10 p.m.-1 a.m. 7 Cedars Casino, 270756 Highway 101, Sequim. 683-7777.
Friday-Saturday Oct. 10-11
• Big Fine Daddies. Rock and roll. 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
Saturday Oct. 11
• Final Approach. 11 a.m.-2 p.m. JACE music stage at Sequim Open Aire Market, Cedar Street between Second and Sequim avenues. www.sequimmarket.com.
• Washington Old Time Fiddlers. Jam 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., performance 1:30-3:30 p.m. Sequim Prairie Grange, 290 Macleay Road, Sequim. Free. 417-6950 or email@example.com.
• Sonia Lien. Cabaret-style musical memories. 6-9 p.m. Galare Thai, 120 W. Bell St., Sequim. 683-8069.
• Vocal ensemble Ladysmith Black Mambazo. 7:30 p.m. Port Angeles High School auditorium, 304 Park Ave., Port Angeles. Tickets available at Pacific Mist Books in Sequim and Port Book and News in Port Angeles. 457-5411.
Sunday Oct. 12
• Community Ol' Time Religion Sing-Along. Dixi-Blue Jazz Band plays old-time gospel favorites. 6 p.m. Sequim Bible Church, 847
• Robbie Walden. Acoustic solo. 7-10 p.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
Friday Oct. 17
• Richard Royce. Flamenco guitar. 6-9 p.m. Galare Thai, 120 W. Bell St., Sequim. 683-8069.
• Port Angeles Symphony presents "An Evening with Mozart," including "Bastien et Bastienne;" Adagio and Rondo; Symphony No. 10 in G; and Sinfonia Concertante in E-flat for violin, viola and orchestra. Adam Stern, conductor, Kathleen Stern, violin, and Timothy Hale, viola. 7:30 p.m. Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 301 N. Lopez Ave., Port Angeles. 457-5579 or olypen.com/pasymphony.
• Knuckleheads. Rock and roll. 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• Port Angeles Symphony presents "An Evening with Mozart," including "Bastien et Bastienne;" Adagio and Rondo; Symphony No. 10 in G; and Sinfonia Concertante in E-flat for violin, viola and orchestra. Adam Stern, conductor, Kathleen Stern, violin, and Timothy Hale, viola. 7:30 p.m. Sequim Worship Center, 640 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. 457-5579 or olypen.com/pasymphony.
• Cody Rentas Band. Classic rock. 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• Open mic. 6:30-9:30 p.m., sign-up begins 6:30 p.m. The Buzz, 130 N. Sequim Ave. Sequim. Free. 683-2503.
• Open mic. 7 p.m. The Upstage Theatre and Restaurant, 923 Washington St., Port Townsend. 360-385-2216.
• Karaoke with Big Dog. 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• TBA 6-10 p.m. Karaoke with Big Dog, 10 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• Open mic. 7 p.m. The Itty Bitty Buzz, 110 E. First St., Port Angeles. Free. 565-8080.
• Jess Doenges. 5-7 p.m. Rick's Place, 102 W. Front St., Port Angeles. 452-8683.
• Informal jam session, bring guitar, voice, other instruments and friends. 7-9:30 p.m. The Veela Cafe, 133 E. First St., Port Angeles. 452-5040.
• 10th annual Art Port Townsend festival, through Oct. 26. Juried show "Expressions Northwest," noon-5 p.m. Thursdays-Mondays at Northwind Arts Center, 2409 Jefferson St., Port Townsend. Artists' studio tour 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct. 11-12. Writers responses, 7 p.m. Oct. 23 at Northwind Arts Center. Presented by Northwind Arts Alliance and Port Townsend Arts Commission. www.artporttownsend.org or 360-301-6178.
• Viva Jones, ceramic sculptor, and Susan Martin Spar, painter. Through Oct. 31. The Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St., Sequim. 681-6033.
• "Hats of Yesteryear" and "Natural Material/Material Nature" juried fiber arts exhibition. Through Dec. 19. Sequim Museum and Arts Center, 175 W. Cedar St., Sequim. 683-8110.
• Ninth season of "Art Outside" includes new works by 20 artists. Webster's Woods Art Park, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Open daylight hours year-round. 457-3532.
• "Strong People: The Faces of Clallam County," features the history of the county in the upper level. 1-4 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday. Clallam County Historical Society Museum at the Carnegie, Second and Lincoln streets, Port Angeles. 452-2662.
• Works of John Barrett, Doris Norton, L. Lehr, Karin Anderson, Mary Marsh, Randy Radock and Sallie Radock. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays. Classic Custom Floors Showroom, 190 Center Park Way, Sequim. 683-8500.
• Peninsula College English professors Alice Derry and Dr. Fred Thompson present "Teaching Europe: Public Education - Private Journeys" in continuation of Studium Generale series. Noon. Little Theater, Peninsula College, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Free. 417-6260.
Friday Oct. 10
• Peninsula College's Global Lens film series opens with Wang Chao's "Luxury Car" from China and Jeffrey Jeturian's "The Bet Collector" from the Philippines. 6 p.m. first movie, 8 p.m. second movie. The series of 10 films is shown at the Little Theater at Peninsula College, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles, and Rose Theatre, 235 Taylor St., Port Townsend. $5 per film, free to Peninsula College and area high school students with current student identification. 417-6255 or 360-385-1089.
• International Forest Storytelling Festival stories on this year's theme, "So Many Stars - So Many Stories." Noon. Little Theater, Peninsula College, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Free. 417-6260.
Saturday, Oct. 11
• Port Townsend Jitterbug Dance Club presents Michael Wilde and The Headhunters. 8-11 p.m. Port Townsend Elks Lodge, 555 Otto St.
$12 adults, ages 12 and younger, $6, free pre-dance beginning "Let's Cha Cha to Rock n' Roll" lesson with Jeff Stauffer and Carol Hathaway, 7-7:45 p.m. 360-385-6919 or 360-385-5327.
Wednesday Oct. 15
• Ballroom Dance Company from Brigham Young University showcase of ballroom dances. 7:30 p.m. Port Angeles High School, 304 E. Park Ave., Port Angeles. Tickets at Pacific Mist Books in Sequim and Port Book and News in Port Angeles.
• Line dance lessons for high beginner, intermediate and advanced dancers. 9-11 a.m. Pioneer Memorial Park clubhouse, 387 E. Washington St., Sequim. $5 per week. 681-2987.
• Western line dancing lessons. High beginner, intermediate and advanced. 9-11 a.m. Sequim Elks Lodge, 143 Port Williams Road,
Sequim. $3 per week. 681-2826.
• Western line dancing classes. Beginner, 10-11:30 a.m. Sequim Elks Lodge, 143 Port Williams Road, Sequim. $3 per week. 681-2826.
• Hula dance classes for teens, adults and seniors. 10-11 a.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. $5 per class,
$3 for senior center members. 253-288-0450.
• Port Angeles Senior Swingers dance with Wally and the Boys. 7:30-9:30 p.m. Port Angeles Senior Center, 328 E. Seventh St., Port Angeles. Suggested donation $4, first visit free. 457-5472.
Saturday Oct. 11
• Olympic Peninsula Explorers club walk includes Troll Haven in Gardiner, 3.1 miles or 6.2 miles. 9 a.m., begins at Wild Birds Unlimited Espresso Stand, 275953 Highway 101, Gardiner. 452-0593 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sequim Open Aire Market. Community booths include Looms for Love, Sequim Food Bank, Children's Hospital Guild. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Cedar Street in downtown Sequim, between Second and Sequim avenues. www.sequimmarket.com.
• Polkasaurus Rex Oktoberfest party includes entertainment, contest and prizes. 5-8 p.m. 7 Cedars Casino, 270756 Highway 101, Sequim. 683-7777.
Saturday-Sunday Oct. 11-12
• Seventh annual Dungeness Crab and Seafood Festival. 10 a.m.-8:30 p.m. Oct. 11; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Oct. 12. Old-fashioned crab feed, individual dishes prepared by Olympic Peninsula restaurants, Grab a Crab tank derby, cooking demonstrations. Also Elton Bennett silkscreen art show and sale. Port Angeles City Pier and Red Lion Hotel, 221 N. Lincoln St, Port Angeles. 452-6300 or www.crabfestival.org.
• First self-guided tour of wineries & poker run open to anyone age 21 and older. 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Run begins at any of the North Olympic Peninsula's seven artisan wineries, 7 Cedars Casino in Sequim or Crab Festival's wine and beer gardens at Port Angeles City Pier. Prizes for the best five-card poker hand at the end of the weekend. Poker run free, customary tasting fees for wine tasting at peninsula wineries. 800-785-5495.
• 2008 Port Townsend Wedding Show and Tour. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Oct. 11; 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct. 12 at Manresa Castle and Silverwater Cafe. Making Memories Breast Cancer Foundation sells gowns to grant wishes for those with terminal breast cancer above Silverwater Cafe and holds VIP party and sale. Manresa Castle, Seventh and Sheridan streets; Silverwater Cafe, 237 Taylor St. 360-379-0947 or www.
Friday-Sunday Oct. 17-19
• 14th annual International Forest Storytelling Festival. 7:30 p.m. Oct. 17, concludes at 1 p.m. Oct. 19. Peninsula College campus, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. 417-5032.
Saturday Oct. 18
• Sequim Open Aire Market concludes the 2008 season with "Christmas at the Market." Community booths include Grand Olympics Chorus of Sweet Adelines International. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Cedar Street in downtown Sequim, between Second and Sequim avenues. www.sequimmarket.com.
• Olympic Gentle Paws needs youngsters to read to its dogs.
10-11:30 a.m. Port Angeles Library, 2210 S. Peabody St. 681-4440 or email@example.com.
• Amma's Olympic Peninsula satsang. 4 p.m. chant 1,000 names of Sri Lalita; 5 p.m. satsang; 7:30 p.m. vegetarian potluck. Pacific Elements Yoga Studio, 163 Lost Mountain Road, Sequim. Free. 360-379-1606 or www.amma.org.
• Bird walks at Dungeness River Audubon Center's lower Dungeness riparian forest. 8:30-10:30 a.m. Railroad Bridge Park. 2151 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim. 681-4076.
• Bridge at the Sequim Senior Activity Center. 1 p.m. All playing skill levels welcome. Other activities: senior workout, 9 a.m.; glee club, 10 a.m.; Wii video games, 3:15-4:45 p.m. 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Washington State University Clallam County Master Gardeners diagnostic plant clinics. Bring samples of plant problems, sealed in plastic bags, and gardening questions. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. The Co-op Farm & Garden, 216 E. Washington St., Sequim. 417-2514.
• Texas hold 'em poker. 2 p.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
Saturdays and Sundays
• Mid Way swap meet. New vendors welcome. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Parking lot of Lost Mountain Surf Company, 261391 Highway 101. 683-9001.
• Blood pressure screening. 9-11 a.m. Faith Lutheran Church, Fourth Avenue and Cedar Street, Sequim. Free. 681-0103.
• Washington State University Clallam County Master Gardeners diagnostic plant clinics. Bring samples of plant problems, sealed in plastic bags, and gardening questions. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Old Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. 417-2514.
• Senior workout, bridge, walking group, 9 a.m., art with Judy Priest, and Spanish, 10 a.m., knitting and crocheting, 10:30 a.m., gentle yoga chair exercise, 12:30-1:30 p.m., yoga, 2-3:30 p.m., karate, 6:30-8 p.m.; poetry group 7 p.m. third Monday. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Crafts, 10 a.m., SHIBA health insurance advice, 10 a.m.-noon, dominoes, 1 p.m., pingpong, 2-3:30 p.m., Middle Eastern dancers, 7-9 p.m. Blood pressure screening, 10 a.m.-noon; potluck, 11:30 a.m.; and bunco, 1 p.m. second and fourth Tuesdays, Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Barstool bingo. 4-7 p.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
Thursday Oct. 9
• Sam Prescott truck show featuring what's new in the world of machine quilting. 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Sound Sewing Sequim, 990 E. Washington St., Sequim. $15. 683-7953.
• Pat McCollum presents "Eating for Health and Satiety." Noon-
1 p.m. Cardiac Services, first floor, Olympic Memorial Hospital, 939 Caroline St., Port Angeles. Free. 417-7486.
• Orientation for foster/adoptive parent training program. 5:30-8:30 p.m.; four subsequent sessions 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Oct. 17-18, 24-25. Must attend all sessions to graduate. Location in Port Angeles to be determined. Free. 360-565-2296 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursdays Oct. 9-16
• Open studio for serious artists. 9:30 a.m.-noon. Carlsborg Conference Center, 865 Carlsborg Road, Suite E., Carlsborg. 681-0895.
Saturday Oct. 11
• Peninsula College art instructor Linda Larsen self-portrait workshop. Cut, tear, paste, draw, paint, stamp, stencil and transform images and objects to assemble two- and three-dimensional self-portraits.
9 a.m.-4 p.m. Old Dungeness Schoolhouse, Dungeness Way at Towne Road Sequim. $44. 417-6255.
Saturdays Oct. 11-25
• Kristina Schroeder "Snap This" digital photography for high school students. Meets at the YMCA art studio, 302 S. Francis St., Port Angeles, then travels to local scenic areas. Select photos to be displayed at "A Taste of the Peninsula" art exhibit. Class is 10 a.m.-
1 p.m. Oct. 11-18, 10-11:30 a.m. Oct. 25. $40 for YMCA members, $45 for nonmembers, register by Oct. 6 at www.ccfymca.org or at the YMCA. 452-9244.
• Judy Tordini presents "Chest Pain or Pressure: When to Act, What to Do." Noon-1 p.m. Cardiac Services, first floor, Olympic Memorial Hospital, 939 Caroline St., Port Angeles. Free. 417-7486.
Tuesday, Oct. 14
• Adult CPR. 6-10 p.m. American Red Cross, 151 Ruth's Place, 1D, Sequim. $25. 457-7933.
Wednesday, Oct. 15
• Standard first aid. 6-8:30 p.m. American Red Cross, 151 Ruth's Place, 1D, Sequim. $20. 457-7933.
Thursday, Oct. 16
• Infant and child CPR. 6-8:30 p.m. American Red Cross, 151 Ruth's Place, 1D, Sequim. $20. 457-7933.
Saturday, Oct. 18
• Adult CPR and standard first aid. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. American Red Cross, 151 Ruth's Place, 1D, Sequim. $25 adult CPR, $20 standard first aid. 457-7933.
• Carol Janda watercolor classes for all levels. 9:30 a.m.-noon, first and third Wednesdays, Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim; and second and fourth Wednesdays, 9:30 a.m.-noon. Art Studio, The Orchards on Fourteenth, Port Angeles. 452-6356.
• Sequim Martial Arts, free karate lessons to people fighting cancer and cancer survivors. Low impact, purposeful motions for more energy and well-being. 10-11:15 a.m. Free, call Kathrin J. Sumpter at 683-4799 for location.
• Cardio-step classes. 9-10:30 a.m. Sequim Community Church, 950 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. $5 donation. 681-4988.
• Laura Murtha self-defense classes for adults and children, private lessons available. 7-8 p.m. Sequim Karate Club, 1600 Carlsborg Road, Sequim. Free. 452-5653.
• Strength and toning classes. 9-10 a.m. Sequim Community Church, 950 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. $5 donation. 681-4988.
• Circuit training classes. 9-10:30 a.m. Sequim Community Church, 950 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. $5 donation. 681-4988.
• Ongoing workshop integrating concepts from Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth." 10:30 a.m.-noon. Call for location. Free. 582-0812.
• Free gardening, home maintenance classes. Contact Sequim Home Depot, 1145 W. Washington St., Sequim, for schedule. 582-1620.
• Cardio-step classes. 9-10:30 a.m. Sequim Community Church, 950 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. $5 donation. 681-4988.
• Knitting and crocheting classes. Projects include Christmas gifts. 10:30-11:45 a.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. $3 per class for first four classes, $1 per each subsequent class. 683-4969.
• Jim Duff teaches cribbage. 7-9 p.m. Mondays through Nov. 10. Art Room at Clallam County Family YMCA, 302 S. Francis St., Port Angeles. Free. 452-9244.
• Belly dance classes for teens, adults and seniors. 7-9 p.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. $4/class.
• Peninsula Driftwood Club members teach the LuRon method. $40 for 10 weeks. Call Yolanda Proulx or Jenny Linth, 681-8825.
• One-on-one digital workshops to teach individuals to use software on their computers - Adobe or Microsoft. By appointment, days or evenings, at LoBo Designs, 865 Carlsborg Road, Sequim. Call 582-1919.
readings and lectures
Friday Oct. 10
• Reading of Rebecca Redshaw's play "In Search of Mary Tyler Moore." 7 p.m. Port Angeles Community Playhouse, 1235 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Benefit for First Step of Clallam County, $10 suggested donation. 457-8355.
Saturday Oct. 11
• Peninsula Friends of Animals author and artist reading and book signing from "Tails from the Heart, Stories, Poems and Artwork." 1-3 p.m. The Buzz, 128 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. Sale proceeds go to animal rescue. 582-1643.
auditions, deadlines and volunteers
• Singers of all ages, backgrounds and experience levels are invited to join rehearsals at 6:30 p.m. for the Sequim Christmas Chorus' 24th annual program. Rehearsals continue in October and November from 6:45-9 p.m. Mondays. The program is 7:30 p.m. Dec. 5 and 2 p.m. Dec. 6-7 at Sequim Bible Church, 847 N. Sequim Ave. Gary McRoberts directs the chorus. Music is provided and no auditions are necessary. A portion of the proceeds go to Sequim Community Aid. 683-1355 or email@example.com.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
• Museum and Arts Center has openings on its exhibit committee and needs museum docents. Exhibit committee meetings are 2-2:30 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month. Museum docents are needed to work one Saturday a month from 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. or 12:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m. 175 W. Cedar St., Sequim. 681-2257.
• Artists call to exhibit at no-commission gallery. Two- and three-dimensional works, poetry readings, musical presentations welcome. Workshop and studio space available. Reservations and information, call 582-0411.
• Sequim Dungeness Hospital Guild Thrift Shop seeks volunteers. 204 W. Bell St. 683-7044.
• Olympic Peninsula Men's Chorus seeks first and second tenors to sing and perform. Rehearsals 6 p.m. Tuesdays in Sequim. 683-3918.
• Habitat for Humanity of Clallam County is looking for volunteers, both skilled and interested in being trained on-site, in home construction skills. For a volunteer application, call 681-6780 or visit www.olypen.com/dvhfh.
• Volunteer drivers are needed for the Disabled American Veterans van, to transport an average of 30 veterans per week to the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Seattle for medical appointments. 457-5251.
The deadline for items appearing in this section is 5 p.m. Wednesday one week in advance of publication. News releases, photos, posters, playbills and other graphics may be mailed to P.O. Box 1750, Sequim WA 98382, delivered to the Sequim Gazette office or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sequim Gazette is located at 147 W. Washington Street in Sequim.
Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone 360-683-3311, or toll free at 800-829-5810. FAX 360-683-6670.
For a complete company directory with contact information please click HERE.