• Eastern Hills Community Church, across from the Carlsborg Post Office, is hosting "Trunk or Treat," a party with candy, live music, train rides and free hot dogs and cider from 6-8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31. For more information, call 681-4367.
• Sequim Merchants and Sequim-Dungeness Valley Chamber of Commerce are organizing a Trick or Treat from 3-6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31. Participating merchants will have a pumpkin in their windows.
• The Bash, at King's Way Foursquare Church, 6-9 p.m., Friday, Oct. 31. An evening for families with pre-school through middle-school children. Game booths, prizes, inflatable bounces, pony rides, activities and of course, lots of candy. Hot dog with soda sold for $2. Friendly costumes only, please.
Music, Concerts & Plays
• "Remedy Drive" concert begins at 8:30 p.m., Oct. 31, at King's Way Foursquare Church, 1023 Kitchen-Dick Road. Admission $5 at the door. Remedy Drive, based in Lincoln, Neb., is a four-piece, four-brother band with a pop-rock sound. The band's debut release, "Daylight is Coming," is available.
• "Lizzie Borden of Fall River," Sequim High School. 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31. General admission tickets $8, $6 for children under 13 and seniors over 65 and with ASB card. Tickets available at the door 30 minutes before production.
The fun doesn't stop at the Pumpkin Patch in Sequim, off U.S. Highway 101 and Kitchen-Dick Road, until after Halloween. The patch is open until 9 p.m. Oct. 31 and offers a children's straw maze, a big corn maze, family entertainment by Kelbi the Friendly Witch and a pumpkin shoot with a $100 prize. For more information, call 461-0940.
• "The Legend of Creepy Hollow" costume ball, featuring a live band, an hors d'oeurves buffet, door prizes and a costume contest is 10 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday, Oct. 31, at the Erickson Building at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in Port Townsend. Tickets to this 18-and-over event are $20 in advance and $25 at the door and can be purchased at www.theexproject.com or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• "Hauntownsend '08 Carnival of the Twilight" presents a "scream attraction" Oct. 21 through Halloween night at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in Port Townsend. The attraction is open 6-11 p.m. daily and until midnight on Oct. 31. Visitors who come after 7 p.m., the end of the "family friendly hour," must be 16. General admission is $15; during family hour tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children 15 and younger. For more information,
1. Do not allow children to go "Trick or Treating" alone. Be sure older children TAKE A FRIEND and a TRUSTED ADULT accompanies small children.
2. Be certain to accompany small children to the door of every home they approach.
3. Be certain parents and guardians are familiar with every home and all people from whom the children receive treats.
4. Children should be cautioned that they should NOT enter any home without prior permission from their parents or guardians.
5. Children should be cautioned not to approach any vehicle, occupied or not, unless they know the owner and are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
6. Make sure all children wear reflective clothing and carry a glow stick when out at dusk and it is dark.
7. When using facial masks, make sure children are able to see and breathe properly and easily. All costumes and masks should be clearly marked as flame resistant.
8. Children should be warned to NEVER approach a home not well lit without a porch or "outside" light on.
9. Children should be cautioned to remember any suspicious incidents and report them to their parents, guardians, and/or the proper official.
10. Children should be instructed, if anyone tries to grab them, to make a scene; loudly yell this person is not my father/mother/guardian; and make every effort to get away by kicking, screaming and resisting.
The Sequim Gazette is located at 147 W. Washington Street in Sequim.
Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone 360-683-3311, or toll free at 800-829-5810. FAX 360-683-6670.
For a complete company directory with contact information please click HERE.