Meetings are listed based on written notification to The Gazette. Listings can be sent to The Gazette through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 683-6670, mailed to P.O. Box 1750, Sequim WA 98382 or dropped off in our office at 147 W. Washington, Sequim. The deadline is Wednesday at 5 p.m. for the next week's edition. Please note new e-mail address.
• AA meetings. Various meeting times, locations each day. 452-4212. www.nopaa.org.
• Al-Anon. Various meeting times, locations. 452-6973.
• Boy Scouts of America. Various meeting times, locations for Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venture Crew troops. 800-272-6865 or www.joinscouts.net.
• League of Women Voters. Various meeting times, locations. 681-3757.
• NA meetings. Numerous meetings in the county at various times each day. 477-9367.
• Weight Watchers. Numerous meetings in the county at various times each day. 800-651-6000.
Wednesday March 25
• Sunbonnet Sue Quilt Club. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Masonic Hall,
700 S. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 681-0795.
• Sequim Dungeness Hospital Guild. Susan Sorenson, registered nurse and diabetes educator. "Living Healthy With Diabetes." 10 a.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 683-7044.
• Christian Student Fellowship. Noon-12:45 p.m. ASC conference room adjacent to Pirate Union Building at Peninsula College,
1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. 461-2849 or www.pc.ctc.edu/life/fellowship.asp.
• Pants Party. Weight-loss support group. 1-2 p.m., 5:30-6:30 p.m. 415 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. $10. 683-8844.
• North Olympic Exchange Clallam County. Building a sustainable community by creating services, skills and goods for trade using community currency. 4:30 p.m. social time, orientation 5-6 p.m. Hurricane Coffee Company, 104 W. Washington St. 582-3126.
• Port Angeles Duplicate Bridge Club. 5 p.m. Crafts room at Port Angeles Senior Center, 328 E. Seventh St., Port Angeles. 457-7704.
• Sequim Valley Lions Club. 6:30 p.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 457-5600.
• Recovering Couples Anonymous. 7-8:30 p.m. Parish house, Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 923 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. 582-9549.
• Port Angeles Harmonica Society. 7-9 p.m. Laurel Park Assisted Living, 1183 E. Park Ave., Port Angeles. 457-4471.
• Juan De Fuca Freethinkers. Skeptics, agnostics, atheists, secular humanists, deists and other like-minded people. 7 p.m. Carver Room, Port Angeles Library, 2210 S. Peabody Ave., Port Angeles. 683-5648 or email@example.com.
• United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, Flotilla 42, District 13. 7:30 p.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 683-5271.
Thursday March 26
• Soroptimist International of Port Angeles - Jet Set.
7 a.m. Port Angeles Senior Center, 328 E. Seventh St., Port Angeles. 452-7925.
• Sequim Arts. Susan Martin Spar demonstrates alla prima technique for producing a small finished painting in under one hour. 9:30 a.m. social time, 10 a.m. guest speaker. Parish hall of St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 582-0987.
• Clallam County Literacy Council. 10:30 a.m.-noon. Raymond Carver Room at the Port Angeles Branch Library, 2210 S. Peabody St., Port Angeles. 417-6379.
• American Legion Auxiliary. 11 a.m. American Legion Hall,
107 E. Prairie St., Sequim. 452-8390.
• Family Support Group. For families, friends and loved ones of persons with serious mental disorders. Noon-1:15 p.m. Peninsula Community Mental Health Center, 118 E. Eighth St., Port Angeles. 457-0431.
• Rotary Club of Sequim. Noon. The Cedars at Dungeness,
1965 Woodcock Road, Sequim. 681-8539.
• Kiwanis Club of Sequim. Noon. Paradise Restaurant,
703 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. 582-0022.
• Spanish Club. Conversation and study for intermediate Spanish students. 2 p.m. Prairie Springs Assisted Living, 680 W. Prairie St., Sequim. 683-1809.
• Good News Club. 2:15-3:15 p.m. Roosevelt Elementary School Library, 106 Monroe Road, Port Angeles. 582-0416.
• Good News Club. For boys and girls. 3-4 p.m. Gym/all-purpose room, 350 W. Fir St., Sequim. 582-0416.
• SNAP Voyagers. 3-5 p.m. Sequim Community School,
220 W. Alder St., Sequim. 681-8642.
• Knitting Group. Open to all skill levels, all fiber arts. 4:30-6 p.m. The Veela Café, 133 E. First St., Port Angeles. 452-5040.
• Grandparents Raising Grandchildren. 6-7:30 p.m. Conference room, Senior Information Office, 411 W. Washington St., Sequim. 417-8554.
• Olympic Peaks Camera Club. 7 p.m. Dungeness Community Church, 45 Eberle Lane, Sequim. 681-4422.
• Pacific Northwest Shooting Park Association. 7 p.m. 151 Billy Smith Road. 457-1846.
• Overeaters Anonymous. 7-8 p.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 681-7371.
• Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous. 7 p.m. Calvary Chapel of Sequim, 91 Boyce Road, Sequim. 683-8881. www.foodaddicts.org.
Friday March 27
• Rotary Club of Sequim Sunrise. 7 a.m. SunLand Banquet Hall, 109 Hilltop Drive, Sequim. 681-8539.
• Dungeness Water Working Group. 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Dungeness River Audubon Center, 2151 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim. 360-407-6607.
• Caregiver Support Group. 1:30-3 p.m. Senior Information Office, 411 W. Washington St., Sequim. 417-8554.
• Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous. 2 p.m. Calvary Chapel of Sequim, 91 Boyce Road, Sequim. 683-8881. www.foodaddicts.org.
• LCD, Lucid Group. Those interested in improving communication skills, getting rid of long silences, misunderstandings, and other blocks to intimate and honest relationships. 5-6:30 p.m. Call for location. $10 singles, $15 couples. 360-623-5158.
• Grand Olympic Chorus of Sweet Adelines International. 6:30-9 p.m. Sequim Bible Church, 847 N. Sequim Ave. 683-0141 or 360-385-4680.
• Sequim City Band. 7 p.m. James Center for the Performing Arts, 202 N. Blake Ave., Sequim. 683-4896.
Tuesday March 31
• Exchange Club of Port Angeles. 7:30 a.m. CrabHouse,
221 N. Lincoln St., Port Angeles. 417-5188 or 452-4554.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees Olympic Peninsula Chapter. Washington State District IV 2009 Workshop.
9 a.m. workshop, noon lunch, Judith Morris from Congressman Norm Dicks' Port Angeles office is the featured speaker at 1 p.m. Sequim Elks Lodge, 143 Port Williams Road, Sequim. 681-4127.
• French Club. Beginners from 1-2 p.m., intermediates from
• Seatown. Rhythm and blues. 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
Friday-Saturday March 27-28
• Big Fine Daddies. 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Elks Lodge, 131 E. First St., Port Angeles. 457-3355.
Saturday March 28
• Washington Old Time Fiddlers. All players jam, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; performance, 1:30-3:30 p.m. Tri-Area Community Center,
10 West Valley Road, Chimacum. Free. 417-6950, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Jazz in Blume duo of vocalist Tracy Blume and Ted Enderle on bass. 6-8 p.m. Damiana's Best Cellars, 141 W. Washington St., Sequim. 683-7697.
• That '80s Show. Top hits from the 1980s. 9 p.m.-1 a.m. 7 Cedars Casino, 270756 Highway 101, Sequim. 683-7777.
• Walden & Waters Band. Classic rock and original tunes.
9 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
Sunday March 29
• Peninsula Singers, Port Angeles Symphony and Port Townsend Community Orchestra. Bach's "St. Matthew Passion." 2 p.m. Port Angeles High School, 304 E. Park Ave., Port Angeles. $15 adults, $12 seniors and students, children 12 and under free. Tickets at The Buzz in Sequim, Itty Bitty Buzz in Port Angeles and at the door.
• Jonathan Kingham. Vocals, guitar, quick wit and freestyle rap. Noon. Peninsula College Pirate Union Building cafeteria, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. 452-9277.
Thursday April 2
• Final Approach, 5:30-8:30 p.m.; DJ OB1, 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• Karaoke 6:30-7:45 p.m., Big Fine Daddies, 8 p.m.-midnight. 7 Cedars Casino, 270756 Highway 101, Sequim. 683-7777.
Friday April 3
• Jazz in Blume. 6-8 p.m. Galare Thai Restaurant, 120 W. Bell St., Sequim. 683-8069.
Friday-Saturday April 3-4
• Sonic Funk. Disco and funk. 9 p.m.-1 a.m. 7 Cedars Casino, 270756 Highway 101, Sequim. 683-7777.
• The Turner Brothers. Classic rock. 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• Open mike. 6:30-9:30 p.m., sign-up begins 6:30 p.m. The Buzz,
130 N. Sequim Ave. Sequim. Free. 683-2503.
• Open mike. 7 p.m. The Upstage Theatre and Restaurant,
923 Washington St., Port Townsend. 360-385-2216.
• Open mike. 7 p.m. The Itty Bitty Buzz, 110 E. First St., Port Angeles. Free. 565-8080.
• Jess Doenges. 5-7 p.m. Rick's Place, 102 W. Front St., Port Angeles. 452-8683.
• Informal jam session. Bring guitar, voice, other instruments and friends. 7-9:30 p.m. The Veela Cafe, 133 E. First St., Port Angeles. 452-5040.
Opening April 1
• Museum and Arts Center. Smithsonian poster exhibit "Earth From Space," through April 30. 175 W. Cedar St., Sequim. 683-8110.
Friday April 3 and Sunday April 5
• North Olympic Watercolorists member show. Open for First Friday Art Walk, 5-8 p.m. April 3; reception 1-3 p.m. April 5. Artwork on display 8 a.m.-7 p.m. daily through April. The Gallery at the Fifth, Fifth Avenue Retirement Center, 500 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim. 683-3345.
Friday April 3
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim, a free self-guided tour of local art galleries, artists' studios, the Museum and Arts Center and other art venues. 5-8 p.m. All ages welcome. Maps at participating venues including the Museum and Arts Center, Olympic Theatre Arts, Blue Whole Gallery, The Buzz or visit www.sequimartwalk.com. E-mail email@example.com.
• April featured artists Ryoko Toyama, watercolor, and Colin Cunningham, woodcarving and bronze sculptures. First Friday reception 5-8 p.m. Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St., Sequim. 681-6033.
• Olympic Driftwood Sculptors show through April 30. Demonstration 5-8 p.m. April 3. Museum and Arts Center, 175 W. Cedar St., Sequim.
• Watercolors and oil paintings of artist Marilyn Hooser, including traditional style landscape, still life, and portrait paintings. KeyBank, 120 N Dunlap Ave., Sequim. Through April 30.
• 15th annual Sequim Arts Student Show. Painting, drawing, mixed media, photography and sculpture/3-D. Museum and Arts Center, 175 W. Cedar St., Sequim. Through March 26. www.sequimarts.org, 681-8481 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• "Mountains." Two- and 3-D works. Northwind Arts Center,
2409 Jefferson St., Port Townsend. Through March 30. 360-379-1086.
• Catherine Mix. Recent pastels and watercolors. Opening reception 5:30-7:30 p.m. Through March 31. Karon's Frame Center, 625 E. Front St., Port Angeles.
• Bronze artist Cynthia Thomas and photographer Larry Barnes. Featured artists for March. Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St., Sequim. Through March 31. 681-6033.
• Cynthia Thomas' pastel "Works in the Round" and James Gift's nature photography and watercolor painting. March artists of the month. Washington Mutual Bank, 680 W. Washington St., Sequim. Through March 31. 683-7242.
• Sequim block print artist Sallie Radock. 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Friday. Re'Sean's Deli, inside OMC Medical Services building. 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. Through March 31. 821-1807.
• Nature oils and encaustic paintings of Carrie Goller. Art Mine Gallery at The Inn at Port Hadlock, 310 Hadlock Bay Road, Port Hadlock. Through March 31. 360-385-7030.
• Annual show "Strait Art 2009." Works of 35 artists from Clallam and Jefferson counties. Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Through May 10. 417-4590 or 457-3532.
• Ninth season of "Art Outside" includes works by 20 artists. Webster's Woods Art Park, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Open daylight hours year-round. 457-3532.
• "Strong People: The Faces of Clallam County," county history. "Signs of the Time" celebrates the 60th anniversary of the Historical Society with artifacts and art from 18 county artists. 1-4 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday. Clallam County Historical Society Museum at the Carnegie, Second and Lincoln streets, Port Angeles. 452-2662.
• Works of John Barrett, Doris Norton, L. Lehr, Karin Anderson, Mary Marsh, Randy Radock and Sallie Radock. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays. Classic Custom Floors Showroom, 190 Center Park Way, Sequim. 683-8500.
• "The History of the Olympic Peninsula Including the Future." Egg tempera paintings and enamel paintings on galvanized steel. Noon-9 p.m. Jack Gunter Gallery at The Landing mall, 115 E. Railroad Ave., Port Angeles. 457-6449.
• Tom Stoppard's "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead." Not suitable for young children. 7 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays, 2:30 p.m. Sundays. Chameleon Theater, 800 W. Park Ave., Port Townsend. $15 general admission, $10 students and seniors. Tickets at The Food Coop in Port Townsend and brownpapertickets.com. 360-379-1068.
Wednesday April 1
• Open mike at 7:30-8:30 p.m., 9:30-10:30 p.m. Jan Barrett, one-hour comedy show. 8:30 p.m. 7 Cedars Casino, 270756 Highway 101, Sequim. 683-7777.
• Stand-up comedy. 9 p.m. The Bushwhacker Restaurant, 1527 E. First St., Port Angeles. $5 cover charge. 457-4113.
Wednesday March 25
• Dress in best 1950s finery, swing to the memories of the golden years with a diner-style dinner, dancing, 1950s tunes, friends and fun. 4-6:30 p.m. Discovery Memory Care, 408 W. Washington St., Sequim. Burgers, fries and a cherry Coke for $2. 683-7047.
• Line dance lessons for high beginner, intermediate and advanced dancers. 9-11 a.m. Pioneer Memorial Park clubhouse, 387 E. Washington St., Sequim. $5 per week. 681-2987.
• Western line dancing lessons. High beginner, intermediate and advanced. 9-11 a.m. Sequim Elks Lodge, 143 Port Williams Road,
Sequim. $3 per week. 681-2826.
• Western line dancing classes. Beginner, 10-11:30 a.m. Sequim Elks Lodge, 143 Port Williams Road, Sequim. $3 per week. 681-2826.
• Hula dance classes for teens, adults and seniors. 10-11 a.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. $5 per class,
$3 for senior center members. 253-288-0450.
• Port Angeles Senior Swingers dance with Wally and the Boys. 7:30-9:30 p.m. Port Angeles Senior Center, 328 E. Seventh St., Port Angeles. Suggested donation $5, first visit free. 457-5472.
Wednesday March 25
• Survivors Luncheon. Educational seminar on lymphedema, nutrition and exercise for cancer survivors. Guest speakers Karen Rushby, lymphedema; Christin Maks, nutrition; and Barb Paschal, exercise. 12:30-3 p.m. Second floor education room, Olympic Medical Center's Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. Free. 582-5615 or 582-2845.
• Sequim Prairie Grange annual pie social. Potluck dinner,
6:30 p.m., 290 Macleay Road, Sequim. Slices of pie available for a donation; pie auction; proceeds go to the March of Dimes to fight birth defects. The grange hall is at 290 Macleay Road, Sequim.
Saturday March 28
• Second-annual clam bake. Locally raised clams and hand-selected wine. 4-10 p.m. Michael's Seafood & Steakhouse, 117B E. First St., Port Angeles. 417-2156.
Wednesday April 1
• "Trickster Tales: a Night of Storytelling" featuring Daniel Deardorff, Johnny Moses, Harvest Moon and guests. 7-10 p.m. Trinity United Methodist Church, 609 Taylor St., Port Townsend. $12-$25 suggested donation, benefit for The Boiler Room. 360-531-2535.
Friday April 3
• Sequim Guild of Seattle Children's Hospital. Spring bunco party with prizes and refreshments. 12:30 p.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church. Donation $10. Reservations at 683-8479.
Friday-Saturday April 3-4
• Museum and Arts Center Elegant Flea antique and collectable sale. Includes quilt raffle and door prizes. Bring old photographs to be scanned, ask questions about storage and care of personal photograph collection. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sequim Prairie Grange, 290 Macleay Road, Sequim. Free. 681-2257.
Friday-Sunday April 3-5
• Fifth-annual Olympic Peninsula BirdFest. Field trips, presentations, banquet, owl prowls and lots of bird activities. Visit www.olympicbirdfest.org for information and registration.
• Ninth-annual Fabric of the Forest Quilt Show. Part of Rainfest, Forks' annual arts celebration. Quilt show noon-6 p.m. April 3;
10 a.m.-6 p.m. April 4; noon-4 p.m. April 5. Two classes and a lecture/trunk show April 3-4 with quilter/author Sue Bouchard. A drawing for a quilt is on Sunday. Free. Show at Forks High School Auxiliary Gym, 261 S. Spartan Ave., Forks. Classes at Department of Natural Resources Conference Center, 411 Tillicum Lane, Forks. 360-374-5412, ext. 1 or www.piecemakersquiltclub.org.
Saturday April 4
• Washington State University Extension Master Gardeners
Sequim plant clinic. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. The Co-Op, 216 E. Washington St., Sequim.
• Bird walks at the Dungeness River Audubon Center's lower Dungeness riparian forest. 8:30-10:30 a.m. Railroad Bridge Park. 2151 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim. 681-4076.
• Blood pressure checks. 9 a.m.-noon. Second floor, Cardiac Services, Olympic Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-7486.
• Bridge at the Sequim Senior Activity Center. 1 p.m. All playing skill levels welcome. Other activities: senior workout, 9 a.m.; seniorcise, 11 a.m.-noon. 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Texas hold 'em poker. 2 p.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• Blood pressure screening. 9-11 a.m. Faith Lutheran Church, Fourth Avenue and Cedar Street, Sequim. Free. 681-0103.
• Senior workout, bridge, walking group, 9 a.m., art with Judy Priest, and Spanish, 10 a.m., knitting and crocheting, 10:30 a.m., gentle yoga and chair exercise, 12:30-1:30 p.m., yoga, 2-3:45 p.m., karate, 6:30-8 p.m.; poetry group 7 p.m. third Monday. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Glee club, 9:30 a.m.; crafts, 10 a.m., SHIBA health insurance advice, 10 a.m.-noon, dominoes, 1 p.m., acrylic painting, ping-pong, 1-3 p.m., Middle Eastern dancers, 7-9 p.m. Blood pressure screening, 10 a.m.-noon second and fourth Tuesdays; potluck, 11:30 a.m.; and bunco, 1 p.m. second Tuesdays, Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Bar stool bingo. 4-7 p.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
readings and lectures
Friday March 27
• Rebecca Redshaw and Marianne Trowbridge. "Inspirations of Reality" for "Enter Stage Left." 7-9 p.m. Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Donations benefit the arts center. 417-4590 or 457-3532.
• Norm Stevens. "Maritime History." How the Peninsula was discovered, explored and inhabited. 10 a.m.-noon. Old Dungeness Schoolhouse, 2781 Towne Road, Sequim. Free, donations accepted for the preservation of the schoolhouse. 681-2257.
Wednesday April 15, Thursday April 23
• Retired physical therapist Barb Paschal. "How to Improve Your Balance." 1-2 p.m. April 15, 1:30-2:30 p.m. April 23. Trinity United Methodist Church, 100 S. Blake Ave., Sequim. Free. www.balanceimprovement.com.
Wednesday, April 22
• Retired physical therapist Barb Paschal. Lecture on neck and back pain. 10:30-11:30 a.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. Free. www.balanceimprovement.com.
Saturday April 25
• North Olympic Creation Care Alliance. "Awakening the Dreamer, Changing the Dream" symposium. 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Trinity United Methodist Church, 100 S. Blake Ave., Sequim. $20. 683-5367 or AwakeningTheDreamer.org.
Thursday March 26
• "Which Number is Most Important? The Top or Bottom for My Blood Pressure," Judy Tordini, cardiology program director. Noon. McCarter Conference Room, First Floor East, Olympic Memorial Hospital, 939 Caroline St., Port Angeles. 417-7486.
• Clallam County Environmental Health class for individual well owners and operators of group B public water systems. 6-8 p.m. Dungeness River Audubon Center, 2151 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim. Free. 417-2506.
Saturday March 28
• Adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation and standard first aid, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. 933 E. First St., Port Angeles. American Red Cross classes also available in Port Hadlock. 457-7933.
Sunday March 29 and later
• Sign-ups for classes at the YMCA Community Art School for youth, teens and adults. Advance registration is required. Call 452-9244 or visit www.ccfymca.org.
Tuesday March 31
• "Is That Chest Pain My Heart or Esophagus?" Judy Tordini, cardiology program director. Noon. McCarter Conference Room, First Floor East, Olympic Memorial Hospital, 939 Caroline St., Port Angeles. 417-7486.
March 31 and later
• Community education classes including sign language, computer basics, Web site design, Photoshop Elements and digital photography start March 31 at Peninsula College, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles, and in Sequim. Register at http://www.pc.ctc.edu/ or 417-6255.
Friday April 3
• Babysitters training. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. American Red Cross, 151 Ruth's Place, 1D, Sequim. American Red Cross classes also available in Port Hadlock. $30. 457-7933.
Friday-Saturday April 3-4
• Coast Guard Auxiliary, Flotilla 42 of Clallam County. Eight-hour boating safety course required by the state to obtain a Safe Boating Card. 1-5 p.m. both days. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. $25 or $35 for two persons sharing a book. 681-4671.
Monday-Tuesday April 6-7
• Port Townsend artist Susan Hazard. "Oil and Palette Knife Painting" in the alla prima style. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Quimper Art Building, Jefferson County Fairgrounds, 4907 Landes St., Port Townsend. $130, $100 for Northwind volunteers. 360-379-1086 or www.northwindarts.org.
Tuesday April 7 and later
• Adult cardiopulmonary review, 6-8:30 p.m. April 7; Adult CPR and Standard First Aid, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. April 11; adult CPR 6-10 p.m. April 13; standard first aid, 6-8:30 p.m. April 14; infant and child CPR, 6-8:30 p.m. April 15. American Red Cross, 151 Ruth's Place, 1D, Sequim. American Red Cross classes also available in Port Hadlock. Various prices. 457-7933.
• Shelley Haupt. High energy cardio-step classes. 9-10:15 a.m. 1000 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. $5 donation. 477-2409.
• Carol Janda. Watercolor classes for all levels. 9:30 a.m.-noon, first and third Wednesdays, Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim; and second and fourth Wednesdays, 9:30 a.m.-noon. Art Studio, The Orchards on Fourteenth, Port Angeles. 452-6356.
• Sequim Martial Arts. Free karate lessons to people fighting cancer and cancer survivors. Low impact, purposeful motions for more energy and well-being. 10-11:15 a.m. Free, call Kathrin J. Sumpter at 683-4799 for location.
• Italian classes. 2 p.m. Prairie Springs Assisted Living, 680 W. Prairie St., Sequim. 460-4576.
• Laura Murtha. Self-defense classes for adults and children, private lessons available. 7-8 p.m. Sequim Karate Club, 1600 Carlsborg Road, Sequim. Free. 452-5653.
• Busy Bees, early art exploratory for preschoolers. Wednesday mornings. Clallam County Family YMCA, 302 S. Francis St. Port Angeles. 452-9244.
• Shelley Haupt. Strength and toning classes. 9-10 a.m. 1000 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. $5 donation. 477-2409.
• Shelley Haupt. Circuit training classes. 9-10:30 a.m. 1000 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. $5 donation. 477-2409.
• Ongoing workshop from Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth." 10:30 a.m.-noon. Call for location. Free. 582-0812.
• Free gardening, home maintenance classes. Contact Sequim Home Depot, 1145 W. Washington St., Sequim, for schedule. 582-1620.
• Shelley Haupt. High energy cardio-step classes. 9-10:15 a.m.; strength and toning class 10:30-11:30 a.m. 1000 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. $5 donation. 360-477-2409.
• Knitting and crocheting classes. 10:30-11:45 a.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. $3 per class for first four classes, $1 for each subsequent class. 683-4969.
• German classes. 2 p.m. Prairie Springs Assisted Living, 680 W. Prairie St., Sequim. 417-0111.
• Sequim Chiropractic Clinic and Massage offers monthly health and wellness classes on subjects such as nutritional cleansing, nutrition, and weight loss. Call for dates, time and location. 681-2414.
• Belly dance classes for teens, adults and seniors. 7-9 p.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. $4/class.
• After school youth art classes. Clallam County Family YMCA, 302 S. Francis St., Port Angeles. 452-9244.
• One-on-one digital workshops to teach individuals to use software on their computers - Adobe or Microsoft. By appointment, days or evenings, at LoBo Designs, 865 Carlsborg Road, Sequim. Call 582-1919.
auditions, deadlines and volunteers
Wednesdays March 25, April 1
• An introduction to the Red Cross and the opportunities available in the local chapter, including responding to emergencies, contacting armed services personnel for family emergencies and administrative support in the local office. 6 p.m. March 25 in the Raymond Carver Room, Port Angeles Library, 2210 S. Peabody St., Port Angeles and 1 p.m. April 1 at the American Red Cross office, 151 Ruth's Place, Sequim, in the Carlsborg Business Loop. 457-7933 or email@example.com.
Call for artists
• Dungeness Kids Fair is accepting exhibitor applications for the 10 a.m.-2 p.m. May 30 fair at Guy Cole Center, Carrie Blake Park, Sequim. Entertainment and children's activities, information and shopping for parents. 582-1700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Landing Art Gallery invites artists to call 457-4407 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Olympic Medical Cancer Center seeks a facilitator for the men's cancer support group. Helpful qualifications include experience in pastoral work, counseling and/or social services. Cancer survivors are encouraged to apply. Call 582-2845.
• Museum and Arts Center has openings on its exhibit committee and needs museum docents. Exhibit committee meetings are 2-2:30 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month. Museum docents are needed to work one Saturday a month from 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. or 12:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m. 175 W. Cedar St., Sequim. 681-2257.
The deadline for items appearing in this section is 5 p.m. Wednesday one week in advance of publication. News releases, photos, posters, playbills and other graphics may be mailed to P.O. Box 1750, Sequim WA 98382, delivered to the Sequim Gazette office or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sequim Gazette is located at 147 W. Washington Street in Sequim.
Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone 360-683-3311, or toll free at 800-829-5810. FAX 360-683-6670.
For a complete company directory with contact information please click HERE.