Meetings are listed based on written notification to The Gazette. Listings can be sent to The Gazette through e-mail at email@example.com, faxed to 683-6670, mailed to P.O. Box 1750, Sequim WA 98382 or dropped off in our office at 147 W. Washington, Sequim. The deadline is Wednesday at 5 p.m. for the next week's edition. Please note new e-mail address.
• AA meetings. Various meeting times, locations each day. 452-4212. www.nopaa.org.
• Al-Anon. Various meeting times, locations. 452-6973.
• Boy Scouts of America. Various meeting times, locations for Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venture Crew troops. 800-272-6865 or www.joinscouts.net.
• League of Women Voters. Various meeting times, locations. 681-3757.
• NA meetings. Numerous meetings in the county at various times each day. 477-9367.
• Weight Watchers. Numerous meetings in the county at various times each day. 800-651-6000.
Wednesday Aug. 5
• Overeaters Anonymous. Men's meeting. 7-8 a.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 582-9549.
• Sunbonnet Sue Quilt Club. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Masonic Hall, 700 S. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 681-0795.
• Ladies of Elks. 10 a.m. Elks Lodge, 143 Port Williams Road, Sequim. 683-7907.
• Pants Party. Weight-loss support group. 1-2 p.m., 5:30-6:30 p.m. 415 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. $10. 683-8844.
• Hurricane Ridge RV Club. Dinner at 6 p.m., meeting at 7 p.m. Joshua's Restaurant, 113 Del Guzzi Drive, Port Angeles. 681-7654 or 683-0120.
• Clallam County Planning Commission. 6:30 p.m. Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. 417-2000.
• Strait Macintosh Users Group. Jerry Freilich teaches "Mac 101" at 6:15, Kurt VanderSluis from Port Townsend Computers demonstrates "Troubleshooting Your Mac." 7:15 p.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-1161.
Thursday Aug. 6
• Soroptimist International of Port Angeles - Jet Set. 7 a.m. Port Angeles Senior Center, 328 E. Seventh St., Port Angeles. 452-7925.
• Mothers of Preschoolers. 9-11:30 a.m. Fairview Bible Church, 385 O'Brien Road, Port Angeles. 457-5905.
• PAAQUE Chapter of Applique Society. 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Quilted Strait Quilt Shop, Port Angeles. 457-4733.
• Family Support Group. For families, friends and loved ones of persons with serious mental disorders. Noon-1:15 p.m. Peninsula Community Mental Health Center, 118 E. Eighth St., Port Angeles. 457-0431.
• Rotary Club of Sequim. Noon. Elks Lodge, 143 Port Williams Road, Sequim. 681-8539.
• Kiwanis Club of
Sequim. Noon. Paradise Restaurant, 703 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. 582-0022.
• Sequim Duplicate
Bridge Club. 12:30 p.m. Masonic Hall, 700 S. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 582-0454 or 683-5635.
• Olympic Minds 2.
Sequim/Port Angeles community group of the Institute of Noetic Sciences, IONS.
1 p.m. Media room of the Lodge at Sherwood Village, 660 Evergreen Farm Way,
• Bridge group. 1 p.m. SunLand office of Windermere Real Estate, 137 Fairway Drive, Sequim. 683-2711.
• Happy Tymer Clown Alley. 1 p.m.. St. Joseph's Catholic Church hall, 121 E. Maple St., Sequim. 683-8897 or 683-0742.
• Retired Scientists of Sequim. 1:30 p.m. Call for location. 681-8448.
• Spanish Club. Conversation and study for intermediate Spanish students. 2 p.m. Prairie Springs Assisted Living, 680 W. Prairie St., Sequim. 683-1809.
• Overeaters Anonymous. 7-8 p.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 681-7371.
• Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous. 7 p.m. Calvary Chapel of Sequim, 91 Boyce Road, Sequim. 452-1050. www.foodaddicts.org.
Friday Aug. 7
• Rotary Club of Sequim Sunrise. 7 a.m. SunLand Banquet Hall, 109 Hilltop Drive, Sequim. 681-8539.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club. 12:30 p.m. Masonic Hall, 700 S. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 681-3090 or 683-5635.
• French Club. Advanced conversation and reading from 2 p.m. Call for location. 582-1334.
Saturday Aug. 8
• Sequim PC User Group. Roger Pierce presents "Basics of Computer Backup." 10 a.m. Sequim High School Technical Drafting Computer Lab, 601 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. $5 visitors, free to members. spcug.net
• Overeaters Anonymous. 10-11 a.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 452-0227.
• Light Lunch. 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave.,
Sequim. Free hot meals for those in need. 683-4862.
• American Association of University Women. 12:30-2 p.m. Alternates between Sequim and Port Angeles. 681-0674.
• North Olympic Chapter of Veterans for Peace. 2:30 p.m. Olympic Unitarian Universalist Fellowship Hall, 73 Howe Road, off North Barr Road, Agnew. 360-385-7612.
Sunday Aug. 9
• Adult Scrabble. Beginners to experts, 1 p.m. The Buzz, 128 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim. 452-4423.
Monday Aug. 10
• Alzheimer's Association Caregiver Support Group. 9:30-11 a.m. Port Angeles Senior Center, 328 E. Seventh St., Port Angeles. 360-477-5511.
• Natural Science Study Group. 10 a.m.-noon. Railroad Bridge Park, 2151 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim. 681-4076.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club. 12:30 p.m. Masonic Hall, 700 S. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 681-3090 or 683-5635.
• Grief support group. 1 p.m., meets when there are enough people signed up. Trinity United Methodist Church, 100 Blake Ave.,
• Caregiver Support Group. 1:30-3 p.m. Senior Information Office, 411 W. Washington St., Sequim. 417-8554.
• Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous. 2 p.m. Calvary Chapel of Sequim, 91 Boyce Road, Sequim. 452-1050. www.foodaddicts.org.
• Grand Olympic Chorus of Sweet Adelines International. 6:30-9 p.m. Mondays except holidays. Sequim Bible Church, 847 N. Sequim Ave. 683-0141 or 360-385-4680.
• American Legion Post 29. 7 p.m. Veterans Center, 215 S. Francis St., Port Angeles. 452-9335.
• Sequim City Band.
7 p.m. James Center for the Performing Arts, 563 N. Rhodefer Road, Sequim. 683-4896.
• Port Angeles Eagles Lodge Auxiliary. 7:30 p.m. 110 S. Penn St., Port Angeles. 452-3344.
• Couples Connection through Dialogue group. Call 360-623-5158.
Tuesday Aug. 11
• Exchange Club of Port Angeles. 7:30 a.m. CrabHouse, 221 N. Lincoln St., Port Angeles. 417-5188 or 452-4554.
• Port Angeles Garden Club. Annual potluck picnic at Salt Creek Recreation Area picnic shelter at 11 a.m. Call 460-4321 or 457-0843 for details.
• Overeaters Anonymous. Noon-1 p.m. St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 582-9549.
• Women's cancer support group. 1-3 p.m. Second-floor conference room at 844 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 582-2845.
• French Club. Beginners from 1-2 p.m., intermediates from 2-3:30 p.m. Prairie Springs Assisted Living, 680 W. Prairie St., Sequim. 582-1334.
• Knitting Circle. All ages and skill levels. 1:30-3:30 p.m. First Step Family Support Center, 325 E. Sixth St., Port Angeles. 457-8355.
• Sequim Bereavement Group. 1:30-3 p.m. at Assured Hospice office, 24 Lee Chatfield Ave., Sequim. 582-3796 or 582-0337.
• Post 4760, Veterans of Foreign Wars. 2 p.m. 169 E. Washington St., Sequim. 683-9546.
• Olympic Peninsula Men's Chorus. 6 p.m. Band shell rehearsal room at Carrie Blake Park, Blake Avenue, Sequim. 683-3918.
• Celebrate Recovery. 6:30 p.m. 707 E. Washington St., Suite D, Sequim. www.sequimvineyard.com or 360-477-5747.
• Hapy's Oasis Dance Group. 7 p.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-9059.
• Olympic Orchard Society. 7 p.m. in the Commissioner's Chambers, Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St. Port Angeles. Rick Shadforth will give a presentation on vermiculture: The care and feeding of red wiggler worms. 683-8407.
Wednesday Aug. 5
• Deadwood Revival. Bluegrass. 6 p.m. Port Angeles waterfront. Free.
• The Senate Band. 7 p.m. Olympic Cellars' Summer Concert Series. 255410 Highway 101, Port Angeles. $5, donated to Port Angeles Farmers Market. www.olympiccellars.com or 452-0160.
• Bobby Socks & The Juke Box. 1950s and '60s party music. 9 p.m.-1 a.m. 7 Cedars Casino, 270756 Highway 101,
Saturdays-Sundays through Sept. 6
• Olympic Music Festival. Quilcene. 2 p.m. Classical music every Saturday and Sunday; no pets allowed. See www.olympic musicfestival.org, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-732-4800 for tickets and reserved seating.
Sundays through Aug. 30
• Port Townsend Summer Band Concerts. 360-344-3658 or ptsummerband.org.
• Open mike. 6:30-9:30 p.m., sign-up begins 6:30 p.m. The Buzz, 130 N. Sequim Ave. Sequim. Free. 683-2503.
• Karaoke. 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• OB1 DJ "Owen Blake." 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
Friday Aug. 7 receptions
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim, free self-guided tour of galleries, studios, the Museum and Arts Center and other venues. 5-8 p.m. Features original visual, musical, performance, literary, culinary and decorative talents. All ages welcome. Visit www.sequimartwalk.com or e-mail email@example.com.
• Susan Martin Spar, oil paintings. 5-8 p.m. Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St., Sequim.
• Mary Franchini and Friends. 5-8 p.m. Sequim Museum and Arts Center, 175 W. Cedar St., Sequim. 683-8110.
• Monica Livingtone, feathers and stone. 5-7 p.m. Strait Financial Advice, 193 W. Cedar St., Sequim.
For dance lesson information, call: line dance, 681-2987; Western line dancing, 681-2826; hula dance for teens, adults and seniors, 253-288-0450.
Thursday-Friday Aug. 6-7
• Sequim Senior Activity Center's fourth-annual benefit sale. 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Aug. 6, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Aug. 7. Proceeds support the center and scholarships. 683-6806.
Friday-Sunday Aug. 7-9
• Hurricane Ridge Kennel Club Summer Agility Trials. 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Carrie Blake Park, Sequim. 681-3707.
Saturday Aug. 8
• Sequim Open Aire Market. Locally grown food, farm products, plants, flowers, art and handcrafted items. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Cedar Street in downtown Sequim. www.sequimmarket.com.
• Forks Family Festival. 10 a.m. in downtown Forks. Family festival with food vendors, arts and crafts, entertainment. www.forkswa.com.
• Sequim Prairie Grange's last ice cream social of the season. 5 p.m. 290 Macleay Road, Sequim. Profits benefit the grange's scholarship fund.
Saturday-Sunday Aug. 8-9
• Port Angeles Heritage Weekend. 10 a.m. Downtown Port Angeles. Guided walking tours of historical downtown Port Angeles, tours of Elwha Dam. Registration in the atrium of The Landing mall, 115 E. Railroad Ave. 460-1001 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday Aug. 9
• Sequim Noon Rotary Club's 41st annual Salmon Bake. 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Guy Cole Convention Center in Carrie Blake Park, Blake Avenue, Sequim. Benefits Sequim Boys & Girls Club, Sequim youth activities and other Rotary service projects. Tickets online or at Rotary booths in local markets. www.rotarysalmonbake.com, or 460-7465.
Thursday-Monday Aug. 13-17
• Art in the Park. Artists blowing glass, making baskets, photographing, drawing, painting, dying fibers, spinning and weaving. Dungeness River Audubon Center and Railroad Bridge Park, 2151 Hendrickson Road, Sequim. 681-4076.
Friday-Sunday Aug. 14-16
• Jefferson County Fair. 10 a.m. at fairgrounds, 4907 Landes St., Port Townsend. Free entertainment, 4x4 mud drags, barrel racing, draft horse pulls, magicians, music, 4-H and FFA exhibits. 360-385-1013, email@example.com, www.jeffcofairgrounds.com.
Saturday Aug. 15
• Sequim Museum & Arts Center Field Day features vintage transportation. 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Across from Sequim High School on Sequim Avenue.
• Sequim Open Aire Market. Locally grown food, farm products, plants, flowers, art and handcrafted items. 9 a.m.-
3 p.m. Music 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Cedar Street in downtown Sequim. www.sequimmarket.com.
• Olympic Peninsula Humane Society potluck, classic car show, arts and crafts booths, silent auction and drawing. Bring a side dish for barbecued hot dogs. 10 a.m.-4 p.m., barbecue at 11 a.m. EdenScapes, 404 Shore Road., Port Angeles. Society receives 10 percent of EdenScapes and arts and crafts sales.
• Welfare For Animals Guild showcases dogs available for adoption and interviews prospective adopters. Noon-2 p.m. Best Friend Nutrition, 680 W. Washington Ave., Suite B102, Sequim. 460-6258 or www.
Saturday-Sunday Aug. 28-30
• Makah Days. Canoe races and bone games, children's races, royalty, salmon bake, traditional dancing, talent show and fireworks. 10 a.m. Neah Bay.
First and second Saturday, third Wednesday
• Port Angeles Fine Arts Center director Jake Seniuk leads Art Ranger Tours through Webster's Woods. 10 a.m. first Saturday; 3 p.m. second Saturday; 2 p.m. third Wednesday. Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Free. 457-3532.
• Bird walks at the Dungeness River Audubon Center's lower Dungeness riparian forest. 8:30-10:30 a.m. Railroad Bridge Park, 2151 W. Hendrickson Road, Sequim. 681-4076.
• Blood pressure checks. 9 a.m.-noon. Second floor, Cardiac Services, Olympic Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-7486.
• Bridge at the Sequim Senior Activity Center. 1 p.m. All playing skill levels welcome. Other activities: senior workout,
9 a.m.; poetry, first and third Wednesdays, 1-2:30 p.m. 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Master Gardeners Woodcock Demonstration Garden work party. 9 a.m.-noon. 2711 Woodcock Road, Sequim. Master Gardeners explain tasks and home garden applications.
• Washington State University Extension Master Gardeners Sequim plant clinic. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. The Co-Op Farm & Garden Center, 216 E. Washington St., Sequim.
• Texas hold 'em poker. 2 p.m. Oasis Sports Bar & Grill, 301 E. Washington St., Sequim. 582-3143.
• Washington State University Extension Master Gardeners Port Angeles plant clinic. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles.
• Blood pressure screening. 9-11 a.m. Faith Lutheran Church, Fourth Avenue and Cedar Street, Sequim. Free. 681-0103.
• Senior workout, bridge, walking group, 9 a.m.; art with Judy Priest, 10 a.m.; knitting and crocheting, 10:30 a.m.; gentle yoga and chair exercise, 12:30-1:30 p.m.; yoga, 2-3:45 p.m. Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Crafts, 10 a.m.,; SHIBA health insurance advice, 10 a.m.-noon; dominoes, 1 p.m.; pingpong, 1-3 p.m.; Middle Eastern dancers, 7-9 p.m.; potluck, second and fourth Tuesdays, 11:30 a.m.; and bunco, 1 p.m. second Tuesdays, Sequim Senior Activity Center, 921 E. Hammond St., Sequim. 683-6806.
• Master Gardeners Robin Hill Demonstration Garden work party. Master Gardeners explain tasks and applicability in home gardens. 10 a.m.-noon. Robin Hill Farm Park, off Dryke Road north of U.S. Highway 101, between Sequim and Port Angeles.
Thursday Aug. 6
• "The Link of Diabetes and Heart Disease, What Is It?" Judy Tordini, cardiology program director. 10 a.m. Second-floor conference room, Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-7486.
Wednesday Aug. 12
• "Irregular Heart Beats: When to be Concerned." Judy Tordini, cardiology program director. Noon. Second-floor conference room, Medical Services Building, 840 N. Fifth Ave., Sequim. 417-7486.
Thursday Aug. 13
• "Healthy Food: If It Comes in a Can or is Wrapped in Plastic, Read the Label Before Eating." Leonard Anderson, pulmonary rehabilitation coordinator. 11 a.m. Olympic Medical Center, 939 Caroline St., Port Angeles. 417-7486.
Saturday Aug. 15
• Leonard Anderson, pulmonary rehabilitation coordinator at Olympic Medical Center, speaks on the Mark Harvey Show about "Take a Deep Breath: Understanding and Managing Stress in Chronic Heart and Lung Disease." Approximately 8:10 a.m. on KONP, 1450 AM. 417-7486.
• Cooking demonstrations, classes, The Sauer Kraut German Deli, Bakery & Café, 10181 Old Olympic Highway, Sequim. $35. 582-1400 or www.thesauerkraut.com.
• High energy cardio-step, strength and toning, and circuit training classes with Shelley Haupt, 477-2409.
• Watercolor classes for all levels, 452-6356.
• Italian classes, 460-4576.
• Self-defense classes for adults and children, 452-5653.
• Ongoing workshop from Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth," 582-0812.
• Knitting and crocheting classes, 683-4969.
• German classes, 417-0111.
• Classes on nutritional cleansing, nutrition and weight loss, 681-2414.
• Belly dance classes for teens, adults and seniors, 683-6806.
Through Aug. 10
• Port Townsend, Washington Arts Commission and Northwind Arts Alliance's "Expressions Northwest" receive submissions for 11th annual Art Port Townsend Juried Art Competition Oct. 2-Nov. 1 in Port Townsend. Artists must be at least 16 years of age and a resident of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska or British Columbia. Works in both two- and three-dimensional forms, including photography, are eligible. $35 nonrefundable entry fee, maximum of three digital or printed image entries. www.artporttownsend.org, www.northwindarts.org. 360-379-3025 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Waterfront Art Gallery is accepting co-op membership applications. 120 W. First St., Port Angeles. 452-8165, email@example.com, or 457-4324.
• Blue Whole Gallery is accepting applications for new artists. Visit 129 W. Washington St., Sequim, or call 681-6033.
• Port Angeles Fine Arts Center needs docents. A three-hour commitment per month and attendance at docent meetings and training sessions are required. An arts background is not necessary. Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. 683-6339 or 452-7745.
• Peninsula Trails Coalition work parties continue construction of the Olympic Discovery Trail east of the tribal center in Blyn. Lunch will be provided for those who call ahead. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 681-3068.
• The Sequim Irrigation Festival committee is searching for a new float construction chair as well as a float designer for the upcoming festival year. For information, contact Joe Borden at 683-3408 or via e-mail email@example.com.
The deadline for items appearing in this section is 5 p.m. Wednesday one week in advance of publication. News releases, photos, posters, playbills and other graphics may be mailed to P.O. Box 1750, Sequim WA 98382, delivered to the Sequim Gazette office or e-mailed to donnam@sequim gazette.com, faxed to 683-6670, mailed to P.O. Box 1750, Sequim WA 98382 or dropped off in our office at 147 W. Washington, Sequim. The deadline is Wednesday at 5 p.m. for the next week's edition.
The Sequim Gazette is located at 147 W. Washington Street in Sequim.
Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone 360-683-3311, or toll free at 800-829-5810. FAX 360-683-6670.
For a complete company directory with contact information please click HERE.