Updated: 4 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 4.
A house at 133 Jamestown Road caught fire around 9:30 a.m. Sunday morning, Sept. 4.
Peter Loeb, Clallam County Fire Department 3 public information officer, said a clothes dryer is believed to be the cause of the fire.
Carolyn Lindley, the homeowner, and her pets were not harmed. The fire department determined smoke damage made Lindley’s home uninhabitable.
Flames reached upwards of 10 feet and crews used about 200 gallons of water to extinguish flames.
A small team of fire fighters stayed through the afternoon to make sure the fire was out.
A house at 133 Jamestown Road caught fire Sunday morning around 10 a.m.