Time to show your love for Sequim — and earn a chance at a Nikon D3200 digital SLR camera! — in the 2013 Hometown Pride Youth Photo Contest.
Sponsored by Castell Insurance and in partnership with the Sequim Gazette, the contest challenges Sequim youths in grades 6-12 to submit their own photos that capture the majesty of their hometown and submit them to the newspaper.
Entries are separated into two categories — grades 6-8 and 9-12. Entries are accepted from Sept. 23-Nov. 19.
Each category will have a first-, second- and third-place winner, with each receiving a framed 8.5-inch by 11-inch print of their winning photograph and a ribbon. The printing is donated by Sequim Costco, with matting and framing of the print donated by LARC Gallery.
The Best in Show grand prize, selected from the combined winners of both categories, is a Nikon D3200 Digital SLR Camera Kit, donated by Castell Insurance.
In addition, some entries may appear in the Sequim Gazette and the Castell Insurance Facebook page during the contest period in contest promotional advertisements.
Enter by sending the photos with Entry/Release form digitally to the Sequim Gazette at email@example.com, by mail (Sequim Gazette, Hometown Pride Photo Contest, 147 W. Washington St., Sequim WA 98382) or bring to the front desk (147 W. Washington St., downtown Sequim near the Sequim Avenue intersection) during office hours, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
See HERE for the entry/release form.
• Photographers may only enter one time with no more than three photographs in their entry
• Photos must be of the Sequim area
• Photographers must be in grades 6-12 to participate
• Entries will be accepted from Sept. 23-Nov. 19
• ALL ENTRIES MUST INCLUDE A COMPLETED ENTRY/RELEASE FORM
• Entries may be submitted to the Sequim Gazette digitally, by mail or brought to the front desk during business hours
Digital Entries — firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail Entries — Sequim Gazette, Hometown Pride Photo Contest, 147 W. Washington St., Sequim WA 98382
Front Desk — 147 W. Washington St., 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
• Entries will be separated into two categories; grades 6-8 and 9-12
• Each category has a first-, second- and third-place winner; each will receive a framed and matted print of their winning entry and award ribbon
• Best of Show will be chosen from the combined winners of both categories.
• Best of Show prize is a Nikon D3200 Digital SLR Camera Kit (Details — 24.2-megapixels; two zoom-NIKKOR VR image-stabilized lenses; WU-1a wireless mobile adapter; system case and 16GB SD memory card; Nikon School DVD, "Better Pictures in 5 Minutes"; Nikon "School Guide to Digital SLR Photography")
• Winners announced in the Dec. 11 edition of the Sequim Gazette
• Prizes awarded 6:30 p.m., Dec. 11, at Castell Insurance Open House
• Photographs entered into this contest also may appear in the Sequim Gazette, on the Sequim Gazette website and Facebook and on the Castell Insurance website and Facebook.