Drivers are encouraged to plan ahead for a series of consecutive nights when the Hood Canal Bridge closes to traffic for a full six hours at a time. The extended closures allow crews to perform extensive tests on newly replaced mechanical components.
The bridge will close to all traffic during the following times:
• 10 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 27-4 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 28
• 10 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 28-4 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 29
• 10 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 29-4 a.m. Friday, Nov. 30
• 10 p.m. Friday, Nov. 30-4 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 1
• 10 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1-7 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 2* (closure could last up to nine hours)
The Washington State Department of Transportation will work with emergency responders as much as possible during the total bridge closures, state officials said..
Travelers can get information about the Hood Canal Bridge via WSDOT email alerts and text messages. The service will start with a text to 468311 with the words “wsdot hood”.