They’re back … and just in time for the 2013 season. The local chapter of the Sea Hawkers, the official booster club of the Seattle Seahawks, is alive once again.
Dami Rodriguez started the club back in 1986. It’s been active on and off since then, but there is no active club today. That was until Rodriguez recently filed paperwork with the Sea Hawkers Central Council, reviving the local group.
Now Rodriguez is seeking fellow Seahawks fans to join the club. Members get a 15-percent discount at The Seattle Team Store across the street from CenturyLink stadium — the business carries all Seattle sports teams (Seahawks, Sounders, Mariners, Huskies, Cougars, Storm, Sonics, T-Birds, Redhawks, etc.) and access to exclusive offers at the in-stadium Seahawks. Each January, each Sea Hawkers chapter receives a Seahawks autographed football.
Other Sea Hawkers membership goodies include:
• Access to Sea Hawkers “tailgate zone” prior to all home games
• Blue and Green Membership card
• Opportunity to attend the annual Sea Hawker Banquet that includes a sneak peak of the NFL Films Seahawks Annual Highlight Video, plus dining with Seahawk players and staff
• Draft Day celebration
• Annual picnic at Seahawks Headquarters with players and staff
• Opportunities to help with local charity events
Annual dues are $15 for individuals and $25 for families of two or more.
For more information, call 457-1392.
Pick up Sea Hawkers applications at Angeles Brewing Supplies, 103 W. First St., Port Angeles, or ask for one via e-mail.