Editor’s note: Is your group meeting once more and wanting to get into the community calendar? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-683-3311. — MD
Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at email@example.com or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
• Clallam County Fair, “Blue Ribbon Dreams in Boots & Jeans,” Aug. 18-21, at Clallam County Fairgrounds, 1608 W. 18th St., Port Angeles. clallam.net/fair.
• Sequim All-Schools Reunion, various locations, Aug. 19-21. 253-229-1673, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Digging Deeper series: “Gardening for Newcomers” with Clallam County Master Gardener Margery Whites, 10:30 a.m.-noon Saturday, Aug. 20, at Woodcock Demonstration Garden, 2711 Woodcock Road. brownpapertickets.com/event/5524883. 360-477-0116.
• Free mandala drawing workshop, 1:30 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 22, on Zoom. Register at nols.org/mandalas or call 360-683-1161.
• Linda B. Myers reads from her novel “Starting Over Far Away,” 2-3 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 24, at Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St.
• Olympic Theatre Arts’ Season Unveiling, 7 p.m. Aug. 26-27, at 414 N. Sequim Ave. Free for OTA members, $10 general public. olympictheatrearts.org, 360-683-7326.
• Olympic Peninsula Air Affaire and Sequim Valley Fly-In, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 27, at Sequim Valley Airport, 468 Dorothy Hunt Lane. $10 per carload. Show and shine for airplanes and automobiles along with R/C airplanes, plane rides, hot air balloon rides, helicopter rides, live music, food, more. Fees apply to rides. olympicpeninsulaairaffaire.com.
• Fourth-annual River Center Charity Golf Tournament, 9:15 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 27, at The Cedars at Dungeness golf course, 1965 Woodcock Road. Four-person scramble, $100 per person. Fee includes cart, range balls, box lunch, prizes and green fees. Register at 7cedars.com/river-center-charity-tournament.html?evtd=2022-08-27. 360-683-6344.
• Back to School Fair, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 27, Sequim High School athletic stadium on West Fir Street. facebook.com/events/447794430522176.
• Ten-year anniversary of Elwha dams removal, 6:30-9:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 30, at Peninsula College’s Little Theater, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Register at tinyurl.com/3s9v892p.
• Peninsula Singers meet-and-greet for potential singers, Thursday, Sept. 1, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Call conductor/musical director Dr. Jerome Wright at 206-369-3349 to schedule an audition.
• USA BMX 2022 Gold Cup Finals, Sept. 15-18, Lincoln Park BMX track in Port Angeles. usabmx.com/tracks/1251.
• Sequim schools stadium, field naming ceremony, 4:45 p.m. Friday, Sept. 16, at stadium on West Fir Street. 360-582-3260.
• “Arsenic and Old Lace,” Sept. 16-Oct. 2, at 414 N. Sequim Ave. Fridays/Saturdays at 7 p.m.; Sundays at 2 p.m.; Thursday, Sept. 30 at 7 p.m. Tickets $20, students $15. (Sept. 30 pay-what-you-will). olympictheatrearts.org, 360-683-7326.
• Sequim Bay Yacht Club’s Reach and Row for Hospice, Sept. 17-18, John Wayne Marina, 2577 W. Sequim Bay Road. Rowing competition starts at 9 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 17, sailboat race starts noon, Sunday, Sept. 18. See sequimbayyacht.club. email@example.com.
• Oyster Half-Marathon, 10k and 5k races, Sunday, Sept. 18. Sign up at QuilRaces.com.
• Concerts on the Pier: Chandra Johnson & The Homeschool Boys (folk/bluegrass). 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 17, at Port Angeles City Pier, 315 N. Lincoln St. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Olympic Cellars 2022 Summer Concert Series: Long Live Rock, 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 19, at 255410 U.S. Highway 101. $20-$70. olympiccellars.com/summer-concert-series.
• Mo’ Betta Band funk/Motown/R&B/disco, 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 19, at 7 Cedars Resort’s Club Seven, 270756 U.S. Highway 101. No cover. 21 and older. 7cedars.com/big-me.html?evtd=2022-09-03.
• Olympic Cellars 2022 Summer Concert Series: Good Day Sunshine, 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 20, at 255410 U.S. Highway 101. $20-$70. olympiccellars.com/summer-concert-series.
• KSQM 91.5 FM’s Music in the Park series: Black Diamond Junction. 6-8 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 23, at Carrie Blake Community Park, 350 N. Blake Ave. Free.
• Ukraine asylum concert, 4-6 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 24, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Free will offerings accepted.
• Concerts on the Pier: Honey of the Heart (world flamenco). 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 24, at Port Angeles City Pier, 315 N. Lincoln St. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Music on the Strait, Aug. 26-28, at Peninsula College’s Maier Hall, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Friday, Aug. 26: Demarre McGill; Saturday, Aug. 27: Efe Baltacıgil and Jeremy Denk; Sunday, Aug. 28: Jeremy Denk. musiconthestrait.com.
• Time Out!, Great American Songbook/Broadway shows/blues/easy listening, 5 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 28, at Olympic Theatre Arts, at 414 N. Sequim Ave. $15. olympictheatrearts.org, 360-683-7326.
• Queens & Aces, 1940s-1970s swing/Latin/standards/ballads/oldies, 6-8:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 28, at Sequim Elks Lodge, 143 Port Williams Road. $10 for Elks members, $12 for guests.
• KSQM 91.5 FM’s Music in the Park series: Sound Advice. 6-8 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 30, at Carrie Blake Community Park, 350 N. Blake Ave. Free.
• Concerts on the Pier: Black Diamond Junction (classic hits). 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 31, at Port Angeles City Pier, 315 N. Lincoln St. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Music on the Strait, Sept. 2-3, at Peninsula College’s Maier Hall, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Saturday, Sept. 2: Shostakovich’s Eighth String Quartet; Sunday, Sept. 3: “Festival Finale: A World Premiere” by Paul Chihara. musiconthestrait.com.
• Big Me, Foo Fighters tribute band, 9 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 3, at 7 Cedars Resort, 270756 U.S. Highway 101. $10. 21 and older. 7cedars.com/big-me.html?evtd=2022-09-03.
• Hell’s Belles, ACDC tribute band, 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 9, at 7 Cedars Resort, 270756 U.S. Highway 101. $15. 21 and older. 7cedars.com/hells-belles.html?evtd=2022-09-09.
• Sequim City Band summer concert series, 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 10, at James Center for the Performing Arts, 350 N. Blake Ave. sequimcityband.org.
• Imagined Reality, improvisation troupe, 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 10, at Olympic Theatre Arts, at 414 N. Sequim Ave. $15. olympictheatrearts.org, 360-683-7326.
• “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat,” Peninsula Family Theater and Sequim High School drama department. Adults auditions 3 p.m. Monday, Aug. 29, and 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 30, at the Sequim High School auditorium, 533 N. Sequim Ave. Auditions for children’s roles will be announced at a later date.
• Sequim’s City Arts Advisory Commission seeks art for exhibit with theme of “solstice.” Application form at form.jotform.com/221776501788162; form allows for three digital submissions. Deadline for submissions is 4 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 7. Entries juried by Sept. 19. More info: sequimwa.gov/694/Artist-Opportunities, or contact Arts Coordinator Sarah Hurt at firstname.lastname@example.org, 360-582-2477.
• Peninsula Singers: Rehearsals are 7-9 p.m. on Thursdays at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Dues $100 per semester helps defray costs, including scholarships for local students. Singers need to be able to read music, must have solid choral experience. Email director Dr. Jerome Wright at email@example.com
• Sequim City Band rehearsals, 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Musicians need to show vaccination card at their first rehearsal. sequimcityband.org.
• Juan de Fuca Harmony, a cappella barbershop singing group for women, men. Rehearsals 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Sunland Golf Club, 109 Hilltop Dr. juandefucaharmony.org, 907-602-7008, 360-775-6547, 360-460-2801.
• Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St., August exhibit: “Joy in the world with an element of whimsy” exhibit, featuring Sheri Whetstine (glass designer) and Steve Wry (ceramics). bluewholegallery.com.
• Harbor Art Gallery, 114 N. Laurel St., Port Angeles, features art of Port Angeles artist Nathan Shields throughout August. 360-808-4815, facebook.com/harborartgallery.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, exercise classes, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Clallam County Master Gardeners plant answer clinics, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. through Oct. 17 (except holidays), at Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. email@example.com.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Get link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group, 11 a.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Gardiner Community Cemetery commissioners, 4 p.m., second Thursday, downstairs in Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road, Gardiner. Public invited to attend.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club, 12:30-4 p.m. at Masonic Lodge 213, 700 S. Fifth Ave., starting May 27. Proof of COVID vaccination is required; masks are optional. No fee through end of June. email@example.com/360-681-4308 or firstname.lastname@example.org/360-681-4070.
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim. Free, self-guided tour of local art venues in Sequim, 5-8 p.m., first Friday of month. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Sequim Senior Singles, 1 p.m., the second Saturday of month at Big Elk Restaurant, 707 E. Washington St. Looking for new members. Call Barbara Miller at 360-809-8336.
• Strait Turners Woodturning Club. Currently meeting online. Contact Jackie Le Doux at 360-457-5172 (8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and after 5 p.m.) or 360-452-5673 (12:30-5 p.m.).
• 2nd Saturday Book Discussion Group, 3 p.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.