Editor’s note: Is your group meeting once more and wanting to get into the community calendar? Let us know at editor@sequim gazette.com or 360-683-3311. — MD
Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at editor@ sequimgazette.com or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
Events, music, dance, exhibits
• Concerts at the Pier: Three Too Many, rock covers, 6-8 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 18, at Port Angeles Waterfront. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Summer Nights: Stories with Out Loud Story Slam, p.m. Friday, Aug. 20, at Sequim Library’s outdoor stage, 630 N. Sequim Ave. Free. outloud storyslam.com.
• Olympic Cellars concert series: Crème Tangerine’s “Long Live Rock” (classic rock hits), 6-10:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 20. $17 in advance/$20 door. At Olympic Cellars Winery, 255410 US Highway 101. olympic cellars.com/summer-concert-series.
• Olympic Cellars concert series: Crème Tangerine’s “Good Day Sunshine” (Beatles), 6-10:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 21. $17 in advance/$20 door. At Olympic Cellars Winery, 255410 US Highway 101. olympic cellars.com/summer-concert-series.
• Olympic Theatre Arts Renaissance Faire, “Kings, Queens and Royal Scenes,” Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 21-22. Revelry begins at noon, live performances at 1:30 p.m., at 414 N. Sequim Ave. Tickets $12 for general public, $10 for 2020-2021 OTA members, $5 for students. See olympic theatrearts.org or call OTA at 360-683-7326.
• Sequim City Band concert, “Together Again,” 3 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 22, at James Center for the Performing Arts, 350 N. Blake Ave. Free. sequimcityband.org.
• Music in the Park, 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 24, at James Center for the Performing Arts, 350 N. Blake Ave. Music by Buck Ellard Band. Free.
• Concerts at the Pier: Black Diamond Junction, classic hits, 6-8 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 25, at Port Angeles Waterfront. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Jungible Festival series: Abby Mae and the Homeschool Boys, 6:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 27, at Jardin du Soleil Lavender, 3932 Sequim-Dungeness Way. By donation. facebook.com/JungibleFestival.
• Olympic Peninsula Air Affaire & Sequim Valley Fly-In, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 28, at Sequim Valley Airport, 468 Dorothy Hunt Lane. Antique plane exhibitions, classic car-show, hot air balloon rides, helicopter rides, remote control aircraft, aerial demonstrations, aviation crafts, music, food, more. $10 per carload. olympic peninsulaairaffaire.com.
• Olympic Cellars concert series: Fat Chance Band (rock cover, originals), 6-10:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 28. $17 in advance/$20 door. At Olympic Cellars Winery, 255410 US Highway 101. olympiccellars.com/event/fat-chance-band-saturday-august-28-2021.
• Concerts in the Barn: Fulton Street Chamber Players, 2 p.m., Aug. 28-29, 7360 Center Road, Quilcene. Free. concerts inthebarn.org.
• Call for art: 16th-annual North Olympic Fiber Arts Festival Exhibition: “Bumblebunching – Warped, Twisted, & Imperfect.” Exhibit dates: Oct. 1-Nov. 27. Entry deadline Sept. 7. Download entry form, full prospectus at fiberarts festival.org. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sequim block print artist Randy Radock featured at Harbor Art Gallery, 114 N. Laurel St., Port Angeles in August. Gallery’s operating hours: 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Tuesday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Blue Whole Gallery August 2021 exhibit: “Divas and Vessels,” featuring Marilyn Evans (digital art), Mary Franchini (painting). At 129 W. Washington St. Gallery hours: 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sundays. blue wholegallery.com.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, exercise classes, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, email@example.com. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Virtual storytimes toddlers and preschoolers, led by staff at North Olympic Library System. Register at nols.org/storytimes.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7- 8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Click “Join us from your home” link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, Currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• First Friday Art Walk. Free, self-guided tour of local art venues in Sequim, 5-8 p.m., first Friday. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Sequim Farmers & Artisans Market, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. each Saturday through Oct. 30, Sequim Civic Center Plaza and Centennial Place, downtown Sequim. email@example.com, sequimmarket.com.
• Second Saturday Garden Walk at Fifth Street Community Garden, 328 E. Fifth St. 10-11:30 a.m., second Saturday of month. Free, rain or shine. Walks require participants to stand for about 60 minutes. 360-565-2679.